• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Polaris 1500 xd Ultimate

I’m not in a city either. I’m in a unincorporated town. Closest one to me is 16 miles away. On 20 acres surrounded by 19K of BLM public land. A lot of us out here have decent chunks and our machines are used at home, hunting, recreation and having a beer with the neighbors.

Around here it seems like everyone has a SXS, most have given up their bikes, boats, and sleds for something they can use year around. In Iowa it's legal to drive them everywhere except 4 lane roads, you're supposed to stay on the gravel when you can, but the law is written loosely enough that highway use is completely legal. On weekends it's not uncommon to come across groups of 2-10 machines out cruising the back roads from one jerk water town to the next. There are several Poker Runs for charities, vets, disabled children, there is even an annual run for the county sheriffs office that has around 100 machines on it. Safe to say the local cops don't go out of their way to harass SXS's unless they have earned it.

I wish we could legally drive on our roads. I can “get” away with it where I’m at. But it’s still not legal.

UPDATE!!!! July 9, 2024 !!

Just got off the horn with Polaris Dealer!!! Total wiring harness installed!!! GUESS WHAT!! IT STILL WONT START!!!!
Is that not the funniest thing you ever heard in your life. After 40+ days complete disassembly untold hours spent on it, NOTHING!!
Dealer contacted POLARIS the told them to replace some valve ! Holy Smokes!

Last edited:
I wish I lived on a 350 acre cattle ranch! However, I do live in Idaho and have an attached 9 car garage. I will bet a dollar to a dime, most people that buy an XD live in cities. I won’t starve if I buy an XD and I have been plenty stupid with money…BMW X4M, Porsche 911S, Porsche Macan (wife’s), 3 Raptors, XP 1000 and an F250 Tremor, but 50k for a SXS is more than I can swallow. However, if I owned a ranch, I would probably buy an XD as well.
You probably don’t. Lots of work in every kind of weather. But the rewards are significant . Not punching a clock any longer for sure. The reward is a more simple life and watching the results of your efforts grow. The reason I mentioned the ranch size was to give you an idea of how far I had to walk back to my house to get a Quad to pull it back home. Believe me there are much, much larger spreads around here than mine.

Last edited:
UPDATE!!!! July 9, 2024 !!

Just got off the horn with Polaris Dealer!!! Total wiring harness installed!!! GUESS WHAT!! IT STILL WONT START!!!!
I s that not the funniest thing you ever heard in your life. After 40+ days complete disassembly untold hours spent on it, NOTHING!!
Dealer contacted POLARIS the told them to replace some vale!! Holy Smokes!
Eddyk - What did you mean when you said that your dealer contacted Polaris to "replace some vale"? Did you mean valve or something else?

Big red, sorry for the spelling. A valve. something like a vehicle control valve. The Dealer didn’t know what it was, had to look it up and order one.. The Dealer is as frustrated as I am and “I think” after all this time of throwing parts at the machine, including a complete wiring harness they are back to square one!

I called the polaris help desk wanted to speak with Mr Ian on my case number. After several minutes on hold, was told Mr Ian wasn’t available today. Person who answered the call took down my update from the dealer. Told them it has been exactly 49 days without my machine and this has gone on way to long. Reiterated again, my wife and I purchased a 1500 Xd Ultimate camo factory fresh machine, smell and all and that what we wanted. Not a disassembled and reassembled machine that had some kind of factory defect.

Last edited:
Are you sure it wasn't a VCM vehicle control module I had my harness and the VCM replaced no problems since . Mine happened at 25 miles on my machine I feel your frustration. I still think it wasn't the harness.

Big red, sorry for the spelling. A valve. something like a vehicle control valve. The Dealer didn’t know what it was, had to look it up and order one.. The Dealer is as frustrated as I am and “I think” after all this time of throwing parts at the machine, including a complete wiring harness they are back to square one!

I called the polaris help desk wanted to speak with Mr Ian on my case number. After several minutes on hold, was told Mr Ian wasn’t available today. Person who answered the call took down my update from the dealer. Told them it has been exactly 49 days without my machine and this has gone on way to long. Reiterated again, my wife and I purchased a 1500 Xd Ultimate camo factory fresh machine, smell and all and that what we wanted. Not a disassembled and reassembled machine that had some kind of factory defect.
Sounds like Polaris doesn't know how to fix it, surely there is a better way to diagnose a wiring harness problem then tearing your machine down to the bones. I feel for you Eddyk and hope your pain ends soon!

Is the brake switch closing does the interlock solenoid click when you step on the petal. Imo if it doesn't even crank there's not a lot to eliminate. I hope they aren't over looking the basics

Are you sure it wasn't a VCM vehicle control module I had my harness and the VCM replaced no problems since . Mine happened at 25 miles on my machine I feel your frustration. I still think it wasn't the harness.
Entire wiring harness replacement did nothing! Still would not start. After 52 days, machine disassembled, I do not want it.

Entire wiring harness replacement did nothing! Still would not start. After 52 days, machine disassembled, I do not want it.
Eddyk...your thread has compeled me to Join the Forum in More ways than One. First iam a bonified Ranger Nut and am still on the Fence about the XD. And your experience so Far is very concerning. I Don't think they Have much Choice at this Point but To give you a New Machine. I Know I would be Heartbroke at this point with it. Good Luck Eddy and I'll be Watching.

Eddyk...your thread has compeled me to Join the Forum in More ways than One. First iam a bonified Ranger Nut and am still on the Fence about the XD. And your experience so Far is very concerning. I Don't think they Have much Choice at this Point but To give you a New Machine. I Know I would be Heartbroke at this point with it. Good Luck Eddy and I'll be Watching.
Sir, Polaris is holding all the cards! As of today 52 days, and they are still throwing parts on the wall hoping one will stick. My Ultimate with 23 hours on it is in pieces, sickening to look at for sure! With all that said, for the 23.2 hours we had it, carefully breaking It in, I can say it was the smoothest, quietest, most powerful, Ranger I have owned. We had a 2015 xp900, upgraded to a 2019 xp 1000 Northstar, then the 2024 1500 Ultimate. I can personally say this machine is light years ahead of the 2019 Northstar, which was no slouch!

Reactions: JCX
Well Eddy...all the New tech in the XDs is why iam still on the Fence. I currently own a 21 Ns. Ultimate and that is my 4th. New Ranger. And I have Driven a new XD and it is definitely in a different Catagory than an XP. But if my Xp quits I can Probably diagnose it Myself. Just Concering they Can't figure the problem out for you.

Well Eddy...all the New tech in the XDs is why iam still on the Fence. I currently own a 21 Ns. Ultimate and that is my 4th. New Ranger. And I have Driven a new XD and it is definitely in a different Catagory than an XP. But if my Xp quits I can Probably diagnose it Myself. Just Concering they Can't figure the problem out for you.
I know from my interactions with Polaris many years ago that they check these forums on occasion for a reality check. Hopefully, they are watching this and will quit torturing Eddy and send him the new machine he deserves with complimentary accessories to apologize for this situation.

I know from my interactions with Polaris many years ago that they check these forums on occasion for a reality check. Hopefully, they are watching this and will quit torturing Eddy and send him the new machine he deserves with complimentary accessories to apologize for this situation.

Well, as stated earlier, the short time the wife and I had it operational it was the best SXS i had ever been in. Personally, if you’re on the fence I wouldn’t hesitate getting one. I still believe this is a rare occasion. It has ruined us from looking at other brands! The others, while good, are probably racing to catch up to the 1500! The most frustrating part of the 53 day delay is we not getting to use our machine on our cattle ranch. Look at their advertising, ultimate ranch tool. Thats frustrating!

Of the 5 people I know in my area only one lives in a "City" and that's me...........it's a very large city of 129 people more if you count cats and dogs. 3 of the other people have farm ground and large properties, the last one has an acreage and a construction company. We use our SXS's for transportation, plowing snow, work, hunting, fishing, and sometimes play. I'm sure people in cities have XD's too, but I highly doubt most do. Yes, 50K is a lot of cash but it's less than I had in our motorcycles, and likely cheaper than most boats, campers, and show cars many people own.

Attachments

• IMG_7920.jpeg
    IMG_7920.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: JCX
Back