• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Polaris 1500 xd Ultimate

Big Red, I really do not understand their business model sometimes. This Polaris dealer handles no used machines! I traded my first one in back in 2015. The XP 900 was in great condition and would have mad an excellent 2nd vehicle. I had installed a duraclutch and gilomen tune. The second Northstar XP 1000 power, air, factory cab, had the duraclutch and tune also. Guarantee it leave the 1500’s sitting there. Sold that one for a pretty penny. Seems to me they’re leaving money on the table not reselling select machines? Still hoping my new 1500 will be in soon, the Red Roxor is fun, but the cab insulation (none) leaves a lot to be desired in this 105 degree heat!
Sounds odd to me as well. I'm surprised that there is a dealer out there that can make a living selling only new machines, often times there is more money in used vehicles than new ones. Not to mention how many potential customers have gone elsewhere because they want to trade their current unit on a new one.

Sounds odd to me as well. I'm surprised that there is a dealer out there that can make a living selling only new machines, often times there is more money in used vehicles than new ones. Not to mention how many potential customers have gone elsewhere because they want to trade their current unit on a new one.
Now this dealer WILL allow trade in’s like the 2015 I had. They contact an auction house send pic of machines, odometer, hours.etc…. They give an appraisal of what that model, condition, etc. will bring and that is what Polaris dealer offers? Handling used machine is not their business model! However there is another repair shop pretty close, performance ATV, that works on any machine. My boys have used them numerous times, do good work, low prices, and good guys.
What’s your thoughts? Wanna go into business? How about Mid West ATV/UTV?
Or Best In The West For Less?

Now this dealer WILL allow trade in’s like the 2015 I had. They contact an auction house send pic of machines, odometer, hours.etc…. They give an appraisal of what that model, condition, etc. will bring and that is what Polaris dealer offers? Handling used machine is not their business model! However there is another repair shop pretty close, performance ATV, that works on any machine. My boys have used them numerous times, do good work, low prices, and good guys.
What’s your thoughts? Wanna go into business? How about Mid West ATV/UTV?
Or Best In The West For Less?

You know, for a fairly small town, Paris, Texas, just counting how many businesses sell utv’s, i’m thinking EIGHT! First time ever thought about it. Attwoods, TSC, south main Iron, polaris, susuki, honda, yamaha, performance atv, and mahindra. Heck that’s nine! In a town of approximately 28,000. Lots of rural country around! Hummm? You think there is that much money to be made?

The truth is these machines are selling for way more than what they are worth .already dealers in Pa. are discounting these 1500s over $6000 . i wanted to trade my 1500 three seater for a crew. I have 685 miles and $4000 in options they wanted over $16000 dollars money difference Its only six months old . That's taken a beating. Hardley any dealer wants to take used ones because the interest rates are to high. payments are high unless you pay cash. plus the banks will only lend so much for used machines and you lose the value of accessories.

The truth is these machines are selling for way more than what they are worth .already dealers in Pa. are discounting these 1500s over $6000 . i wanted to trade my 1500 three seater for a crew. I have 685 miles and $4000 in options they wanted over $16000 dollars money difference Its only six months old . That's taken a beating. Hardley any dealer wants to take used ones because the interest rates are to high. payments are high unless you pay cash. plus the banks will only lend so much for used machines and you lose the value of accessories.
No doubt this is true. But I still don’t get it. Big Red Said it best I think. Get those customers into a quality used machine, the upgrades are likely to come in down the line.

Big Red, picked it up Friday, ist thing, after nearly 5 months, I for got every thing I knew about them. Nothing familiar! New one came with outside rear mirrors, and Dealer said they did away with the initial 25 hour check! Yeah, i gonna have to think on that one! Maybe 50 hours? What you think?

Big Red, picked it up Friday, ist thing, after nearly 5 months, I for got every thing I knew about them. Nothing familiar! New one came with outside rear mirrors, and Dealer said they did away with the initial 25 hour check! Yeah, i gonna have to think on that one! Maybe 50 hours? What you think?
The old rule was after the first 25 hours which I always thought was sooner than it really needed it, opinions will likely vary wildly on this. I think the XD manual says 2000 miles for the first service, I did mine just shy of a 1000 miles and had no concerns. There are a lot of variables that determine when it's really needed so my advice is to do the first service at whatever interval you feel comfortable with.

I never put that many miles on them, always went by hours. Mostly slow speeds on the ranch. Never had a problem. Well, upwards and onwards!

Back