• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

It’s Here!!

This is almost unbelievable. I had an Xpedition in at my dealer but decided that I wanted to go with a 1500 northstar ultimate. I drove up there (60 miles) on Dec 27th, he told me he had an allocation for one coming late February. I "officially " changed my order. I got notified via the tracker that it's built and was shipped on December 30! We'll see if the tracker proves right.

Wow, this is all great news! I'm not sure what was causing the log jam initially, but it sounds like production is flowing now!

Great news everyone! I am so excited to see them and what you do with them. Three shipments almost all at the same time. Great community here!

Good for you mine was shipped the 28th should be here any day woo hoo what you got for accessories?
Side mirrors, sun visors, front camera, turn signal kit, bed mat, UWS slim line cross over toolbox. Going to see if my 4 pin trailer harness will transfer from my XP 1000 to this machine (plugs into rear factory harness). I haven't ordered the Rock Sliders yet but I've put them on my last 2 machines........not sure I need / want them yet so I held off. Same is true for wheels and tires, I did them on my last 2 Rangers but I plan to run the stock ones till I decide if I need / want them or not. This is the first machine that Polaris actually put a decent size tire and rim on, I might just leave them alone.

And a new Snow Plow, how could I forget that it was the most expensive accessory I bought.

Do you know if the snowplow mount is the same as the xp1000?
I do NOT know for sure but I have been told by my dealer that it will not fit. The Polaris website says it will not fit but no one seems to know why it doesn't fit. I'm getting my new plow in the box and will not assemble it till I try my XP 1000 plow on it first. My guess is the spacing where it attaches to the bumper (at bottom) will be different or the quick lock handle will be longer or shorter. I will likely test it this weekend when I get the new Ranger home. I will take some pics showing what's off in case someone wants to try to modify theirs.

Got my rig back today from dealer. Hood replaced and vents blowing in face fixed. Apparently there was a bent pin. The vents are controlled by an electronic damper of some sort. As attested before, HVAC is next level good and blows HARD.
The dealers third and final allocation from this batch was there. Another crew Ultimate. The flood gates definitely opened!

I also forgot to mention, I tried door locks today after hearing about xpedition door lock issues and being really tight to lock. Almost to point of breaking key before they loosen up. No such problem on XD. At least on mine, key turned just fine and didn’t feel like it was binding at all.

Where are you getting the accessories from?
Kemimoto box- Amazon
Baja Designs 20” light- Amazon
Rear interior light- Amazon
Silas sound and heat shield - Amazon
Rear facing roof lights- had sitting in shelf in garage
Horse stall mat that I made into floor mats -Tractor supply
Tires and wheels- dealer
Street legal including factory mirrors- dealer
Spare tire carrier, lock and ride max tie downs, bed mat, back bumper, sun visors, brush guard, rock sliders all purchased direct from Polaris and batched them in a few orders so I could maximize discounts Polaris had in December. Worked out to save about 18% and then used 2% cash back card so about 20% off.

Additionally, may tint windows depending on how ac does in summer.

My only other potential addition will be suspension (that will be fairly costly). That will depend on how it works out if AZxd puts on his. It will have to be game changer good if I decide to do it.

I installed all the above myself except street legal kit and tires and wheels, so saved the installation cost. None of the above was a big deal to install. I haven’t added it all up. Haha. Probably about $5k total. Kind of ridiculous really. Love it though. Hope for years of enjoyment.

I do NOT know for sure but I have been told by my dealer that it will not fit. The Polaris website says it will not fit but no one seems to know why it doesn't fit. I'm getting my new plow in the box and will not assemble it till I try my XP 1000 plow on it first. My guess is the spacing where it attaches to the bumper (at bottom) will be different or the quick lock handle will be longer or shorter. I will likely test it this weekend when I get the new Ranger home. I will take some pics showing what's off in case someone wants to try to modify theirs.
That would be great. My old plow has been on a xp800, xp900,and an xp1000. It's not a stranger to a torch and welder lol!

I just looked at xpedition forum and JTBarlow over there did a nice little side by side comparison of xpedition and XD. He also gave a pretty good description with pics of insulation of tunnel and floor boards. Kind of similar to what I did. I actually stuck Siless to boxes and underside of all plastic parts verus only wrapping coolant lines. Looks like he also used some kind of bat insulation. Not sure how that works with moisture and dirt.

No question suspension is much better on xpedition. Surprisingly, sounds like his brother had No problem keeping up with xpedition in his XD.

Of course John Deere over there had to comment on negatives of XD. Dude cracks me up. His is always best. Haha.

That would be great. My old plow has been on a xp800, xp900,and an xp1000. It's not a stranger to a torch and welder lol!
I just bought my XP 1000 plow last year and used it 2 times.....it looks brand new. I'm game to modify it if it's simple and return the new one. Hopefully I can get my machine this weekend to check it out.

I just got a text from my dealer, my machine is in! They have to do the pre delivery inspection and I can pick it up
That's great news, you might get to check your plow before I do. I'm heading to the dealer to pick mine up in the morning, can't wait to get it!

Back