• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Cylinder 1 miss fire

Clubin

Oct 13, 2023
IMG_5614.jpeg

The trip before was perfect. No issues.

Started rough. Popped a few times. Rich smell of fuel. Tons of smoke. Ran good rest of the day.

Now that's strange, do you think it had a fouled plug that led to the rich smell and the pop as it dried out and started firing? I don't claim to be a mechanic and am guessing several here may offer a better explanation of what might have caused it.

Now that's strange, do you think it had a fouled plug that led to the rich smell and the pop as it dried out and started firing? I don't claim to be a mechanic and am guessing several here may offer a better explanation of what might have caused it.
Don’t know. I’ll call dealer today. Tried it this morning again. Did the same thing.

Dealer figures
Spark plug?
Ignition coil?
Failed injector?
They are on it.

Dealer figures
Spark plug?
Ignition coil?
Failed injector?
They are on it.
I hope it's something simple, at least this problem sounds more mechanical than software related. Most of these should be fairly easy to diagnose and resolve.

I had the same issue with my XP1000 one time. And I had dam pack rat start chewing on the coil plug wire. Pulled it off enough that it had the same symptoms and code. Raised the bed to take a look and noticed the teeth marks. Pulled all the way off, pushed all the way back on and issue was taken care of.

I’ll pick it up today. They wanted to try start it in the morning one more time. They are throwing parts at it. The diagnostic tools my dealer has don’t work with the 3 cylinder. They opened a case with Polaris so hopefully something they changed has fixed it. Will know more later this morning.

No solution. I have it for the weekend but they want it back Monday morning. I think Polaris doesn’t deal with the cases very fast. Or there are lots of cases open o don’t know

No solution. I have it for the weekend but they want it back Monday morning. I think Polaris doesn’t deal with the cases very fast. Or there are lots of cases open o don’t know
I hope it runs ok for you for the weekend. It sounds like the dealers on the right track I hope they correct it for you Monday.

I second big red. Hopefully all is well for the weekend. Definitely update if there’s any issues or if Polaris figures it out.

Once it’s running it’s ok. The first 10 seconds after start up it makes a poping in the exhaust and runs rough, lots of smoke. But after a minute it clears up and works fine.

I’m not real happy about it but. Nobody at dealer cares too much. So away I go.

Reactions: JCX
I'm sure they changed the easiest of all parts,(spark plugs) but the symptoms of no fire until it warms a bit certainly sound like a fouled plug on yesteryear engines.

Once it’s running it’s ok. The first 10 seconds after start up it makes a poping in the exhaust and runs rough, lots of smoke. But after a minute it clears up and works fine.

I’m not real happy about it but. Nobody at dealer cares too much. So away I go.
That's a sad fact Clubin..Dealers like to push them Out the Door..ASAP...but Most are Lacking after the Sale. And most Dealers screwd up the 3000$ trade in incentives by just lowballing your trade in Price by 3000$...or I would Own a XD 1500 by Now. But iam Very Glad now that Happened this Way. Seems to be alota issues with this New Machine..I hope they get yours sorted out..!

It worked fine all weekend. No issues.

It’s not bad fuel I always get it at the same place.

I hope it never does it again.

Sounds strange.........glad it ran well all weekend. Hope it continues without issue.

Years back when leaking valve seals were an occasional issue the symptoms were similar, it would be interesting the next time it does it to immediately shut it down and check that plug for oil residue.

Back