• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Cylinder 1 miss fire

Leaking head gasket parts ordered. 1’st one for Polaris.

Glad you at least know what it is, should be a fairly easy fix if you can get the parts quickly.
Parts are in stock at Polaris they will get it fixed this week. So long as that’s it and not a cracked cylinder head.

Hoping for the best for ya. Hopefully it is just a gasket. Sucks your the one off.

Dealer stated tearing it apart.

Update. Cylinder 1 intake runner cracked. Leaking coolant into cylinder 1. Intake is heated with so it doesn’t ice up. Pics coming.

Not head gasket. So easy fix.

Good to hear and explains it stopping after a few minutes. Had to be a very small leak, water/antifreeze is not compressible so for it to burn it out without popping the head studs equates to a small small leak.
As Red stated this site homes the pioneers of these machines and so far what I read are various but not numerous one offs such as yours.
I will admit though, I spent my 50+ K and really enjoying this machine so that's the most comfortable thing for me to believe.

Last edited:
Good to hear. Hopefully you’ll be back making empties again soon!

Here it is. It’s all yanked apart. They removed the head to find the head gasket perfectly intact. Then started looking at other possible problem points. Turns out intake had coolant in it. And crack is visible. This is from the throttle body side.
lubinkski.jpeg
clayton.jpeg

Good to know they know why. And have found the issue. Hopefully it’s all back together soon and your out on the trail.

It won’t be back this weekend. Parts shipped. Monday was a holiday for us. So next week it’ll be back. If all goes well.

Well shit. You’re not having the best of luck. What’s the eta on getting that taken care of?

Well shit. You’re not having the best of luck. What’s the eta on getting that taken care of?
lol. No time line. Spoke to polars again today. No new info. Engineers are working on it.

nice having two Polaris units out of commission

lol. No time line. Spoke to polars again today. No new info. Engineers are working on it.

nice having two Polaris units out of commission
That SUCKS! Polaris can be a love hate relationship for sure.

Back