• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

What mode do you ride most of the time and why?

Big Red

Sep 27, 2023
Many people have a good understanding of the different ride modes and how they behave differently but some do not. My brother is an example of someone who really didn't understand the differences and claimed that the RPM's (which creates cabin noise) were the same whether he was in Comfort or Sport. I had to take these pictures to prove to him there was a noticeable difference. (1050 RPM's) That said I ride in Comfort mode 95% of the time because I drive a lot of hard pack and like the reduced RPM's without the added engine braking that I get it Sport mode. Tell us what mode you ride in and why.

Attachments

• Comfort Mode.JPG
    Comfort Mode.JPG
    595.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Sport Mode.JPG
    Sport Mode.JPG
    659.5 KB · Views: 2
In the beginning because the manual reccomended tow/haul for technical terrain is what I used for a month. The rpm's were always higher than I cared to listen to and also felt fuel consumption was high.
Switched to standard for a month, felt and heard noticable improvement on both above but felt it lacked power.
Been using sport since and seems to be the sweet spot I like.
It definitely likes more fuel than any of our other machines no matter what the mode but that is to be expected with a machine 50% heavier and 50% bigger engine

Last edited:
Comfort mode and tow haul in tight bush paths and pulling I hooked onto a large log 15’ long locked front and rear figured never move it yeah walked away with it really impressed

Depends. I like standard best but comfort if I'm on hard pack or gravel with the wife along. Of course tow/Haul when needed.

Many people have a good understanding of the different ride modes and how they behave differently but some do not. My brother is an example of someone who really didn't understand the differences and claimed that the RPM's (which creates cabin noise) were the same whether he was in Comfort or Sport. I had to take these pictures to prove to him there was a noticeable difference. (1050 RPM's) That said I ride in Comfort mode 95% of the time because I drive a lot of hard pack and like the reduced RPM's without the added engine braking that I get it Sport mode. Tell us what mode you ride in and why.

I prefer Comfort mode for getting around locally. When cruising mountain trails here in Colorado, I use Tow/Haul.
Comfort gives a smoother ride especially when slowing down, and runs at lower RPMs.

Back