• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Recall R-24-02

Clubin

Oct 13, 2023
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL

August 9, 2024
Clayton,

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act. This is to inform you that your vehicle may contain a defect that could affect the safety of a person. Our records show you have purchased an affected vehicle.

Polaris has determined that a loose ground connection for the winch may occur on some Model Year 2024 RANGER XD 1500 and Crew 1500 XD vehicles. A loose winch ground connection in combination with winch operation may pose a fire hazard and risk of serious injury.

Our records indicate that you are the owner of a Ranger with VIN xxxxx by Safety Recall R-24-02.

Polaris is currently evaluating a permanent engineered solution for this concern. At the time of availability, Polaris will notify dealers and reply to you by mail and
email. This work will be performed by your dealer at no cost to you.

As Polaris develops a permanent engineered solution, we are providing owners with information that will allow you to keep riding, by reviewing the following statement:

I understand that my vehicle is affected by R-24-02 Winch Ground Cable Safety Recall. A loose ground connection may occur in combination with winch operation, posing a fire hazard and risk of serious injury. Until the time Polaris releases a remedy for this recall, and it is performed, I should NOT operate the winch.

I got it too. I've used my winch a lot plowing snow, no problem. Begs the question though, why in the hell is there a problem with the winch ground? Not many things are simpler than that.

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL

August 9, 2024
Clayton,

This notice is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act. This is to inform you that your vehicle may contain a defect that could affect the safety of a person. Our records show you have purchased an affected vehicle.

Polaris has determined that a loose ground connection for the winch may occur on some Model Year 2024 RANGER XD 1500 and Crew 1500 XD vehicles. A loose winch ground connection in combination with winch operation may pose a fire hazard and risk of serious injury.

Our records indicate that you are the owner of a Ranger with VIN xxxxx by Safety Recall R-24-02.

Polaris is currently evaluating a permanent engineered solution for this concern. At the time of availability, Polaris will notify dealers and reply to you by mail and

As Polaris develops a permanent engineered solution, we are providing owners with information that will allow you to keep riding, by reviewing the following statement:

I understand that my vehicle is affected by R-24-02 Winch Ground Cable Safety Recall. A loose ground connection may occur in combination with winch operation, posing a fire hazard and risk of serious injury. Until the time Polaris releases a remedy for this recall, and it is performed, I should NOT operate the winch.
I received the same notice. Funny though — when I clicked on the “Product Safety Recall” link, I got an error message, “404 File or directory not found.” Sheesh!
IMG_9846.jpeg

Hmm, I tried my winch about a month after bringing it home and it doesn't work. Possibly related

I used my winch last winter and it worked great, I never got this recall notice, so I'm assume not all vehicles were affected??

Got the same notification. I’ve used mine with no issues. I’m taking mine into the dealer at the end of the month anyways, so I’ll have them check it out.

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL

August 9, 2024
Clayton,

FYI: We just visited our dealer’s service department. Polaris still doesn’t have a fix for this issue.

There is a fix people!
Contact your authorized Polaris dealer to schedule an appointment to have the repairs performed. Do not attempt repairs yourself. Repairs must be done only by an authorized Polaris dealer. This repair should take approximately 24 minutes. When making contact with your dealer, discuss parts availability, their schedule and how long they will need to keep your vehicle.

We are providing owners with information that will allow you to keep riding, by reviewing the following statement:

I understand that my vehicle is affected by R-24-02 Winch Ground Cable Safety Recall. A loose ground connection may occur in combination with winch operation, posing a fire hazard and risk of serious injury. Until the time my vehicle is repaired according to this Safety Recall, I should NOT operate the winch.

Back