• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

ANYONE CONSIDERING THE PURCHASE OF A 1500 SHOULD READ THIS

oneal

Jun 17, 2024
When I purchased my 1500 a HUGE detail that helped persuade my purchase decision was the 3 year drive train warranty. It convinced me Polaris has great confidence in this design and new tranny.
Yesterday in the mail I received a extended warranty sales flyer from Polaris and as I scanned through it states my factory warranty expires May 15, 2025 , one year anniversary.
I was about to start making phone calls to my dealer as he also used the 3 year warranty as part of his sales pitch.
I remembered reading it on the Polaris website as well so I immediately checked and viola it STILL advertises "Promotional 3 year powertrain warranty "
HOWEVER, since my skeptical side had now been alerted I looked a little closer and indeed there was the dreaded asteris ******.
SO, at the bottom of their website page the asteris explanation is lying below the radar and it states the promotional warranty ended April 30th 2024. Two weeks before my purchase.
Sadly for me, I shopped, kicked tires, spoke with different dealers for over a month and all used the 3year as a bragging point. I don't feel deceived by the two dealers as I am sure this would be hard to keep up with but I am confident Polaris is not playing fair.
You know they have enough IT staff that could have just removed the "Promotional power train warranty " off their website rather than leaving it there with an asteris to prey on folks lack of attention to detail.
BTW- to purchase the additional 24 months warranty is $3,249.00 which would have me in the mid 50's on a machine that has thrown obscure codes, came with a fried winch, and roof leaks profusely in heavy rain.
Add the above up to the fact this will never be street legal in my area I personally wish I would have put more thought into this purchase, we might be in a nice Jeep.

NAH, I need to remain truthful, we wouldn't be in a Jeep but we also have a Pioneer deluxe and an RTV so I would have definitely waited a year. My special needs son loves riding through our woods and a Jeep won't fit so even though I feel fully entitled to feel deceived I will now just keep my fingers crossed that these issues are just flukes or new product woes and this trans is as bullet proof as it looks and they claim. After all the 1500 is the most quite and best mannered trans I have ever been in.
Time will tell !

Last edited:
Thanks Oneal...very enlightening and Deceiving on Polaris's end...I've been kicking tires now for 6months now on purchasing an XD. I would never buy this Machine now after hearing that. I wonder if the New Xps 2yr. Warranty is a asterisk SHAM ALLSO...UNBELIEVABLE...!!

I highly doubt the 2025 XP 2-year warranty is a sham, I think Polaris made the move to keep up with the competition. I also think it's very possible that the 2025 XD will have a 2-year warranty, we should know in a few months or so.
I am shocked to learn that a 2-year extended warranty is $3,249.00! No wonder they push so hard to sell that shit. I've never wasted my money on extended warranties and am way ahead of the game because of it. While many will disagree with me my belief is simple, if you can't afford to fix it..........you likely can't afford to own it.

Red..I've never bought ext. Warranty either on any of my New Rangers. But they were touting a 3yr. Warranty with the XD. Wich makes more sense with a so called More automotive type drivetrain...and Price. Did you Realize that When you Bought your XD..? I can Honestly say..I wouldn't spend 40-45K for an XD if it didn't have a 3yr. Warranty. I know I didn't Notice the 3yr. Warranty being a promo..I woulda been Out long Ago.

I purchased before the cut off date but that doesn’t matter. I bought a 5 year warranty.

I just wish the dealers could properly fix these things. They are worth a car.

I agree with both of you, no way will I drop 3500 on something that I feel should have been included. I built many 750 triples for the strip and a couple 1000's that touched 9 seconds, I will handle anything mechanical after my year is up. My fears and weakness is on the electronic side. Like all modern machinery the ECM and connected electronics are more complex than the mechanicals.

My intention of this post was to warn folks that might be on the fence as I was. If I had been aware of the sneaky asteris I would have definitely waited for 25's.

I clouded my post expressing my frustration with the whole deal but in reality I am most disappointed in myself. Disguising expired promos is not just a Polaris downfall and I am typically more on top my game.

I will however bump this post from time to time to help others.

Reactions: JCX
Exactly my thoughts with this New XD platform..it's new Tech is New to Us all. I can Work on My XP series Ranger if Needed. The 3yr. Warranty Should be Standard..and it seems like they tried to hide the Fact it wasn't Standard. The Deception is what I Question...??...

Red..I've never bought ext. Warranty either on any of my New Rangers. But they were touting a 3yr. Warranty with the XD. Wich makes more sense with a so called More automotive type drivetrain...and Price. Did you Realize that When you Bought your XD..? I can Honestly say..I wouldn't spend 40-45K for an XD if it didn't have a 3yr. Warranty. I know I didn't Notice the 3yr. Warranty being a promo..I woulda been Out long Ago.
I placed my order in August of last year and took delivery on Jan 6th. I knew my XD had a 3-year warranty on the motor and transmission with a 1-year warranty on everything else. I DID NOT know until this post that it was not the same for all 2024 XD's

Because it was so new and untested I thought for a moment about looking into an extended warranty but figured I would wait till the end of my first year of ownership before even considering it.......there was no reason to buy it now since it was already covered by the factory warranty. So, if I'm really concerned with my Ranger come December I can always explore the logic buying an extended warranty.

I purchased my XD 1500 Ultimate on June 28 / 2024 from Jorgensens in Richfield Ut. ,I was also told it had a 3 year powertran warranty. That is what I based my purchase on also. If I knew it only had a 1 year warranty on a new unit, I would have not bought it.
The web site was still advertising it at that time. My dealer said to keep a copy of it for proof if needed. But nobody knew it ended 2 months earlier.
Sham on Polaris, they should have taken it down.
Reading this thread is the first I have heard of this.

To add to the pain the 2025 1500's do indeed have the 2 year warranty.
I think where Polaris falls short is they don't realize folks like myself don't forget being deceived and getting porked. That 3 year warranty that they bill boarded on their website heavily influenced my decision and they pulled a cheap low life trick on us. I have owned over 10 UTV,s and no one ever done anything this lousy.
Even though I still love this machine I was basically lied to and that leaves a bad taste no matter how well this machine works out.
Shame on you Polaris leadership

I agree with oneal 110%! Polaris has definitely created some bad will with their warranty policies / inconsistencies. At 50K they should have given every XD owner a 2-year bumper to bumper warranty and 3 years on motor and transmission. Are you listening Polaris? It's not too late to pull your head out of your ass!

To add to the pain the 2025 1500's do indeed have the 2 year warranty.
I think where Polaris falls short is they don't realize folks like myself don't forget being deceived and getting porked. That 3 year warranty that they bill boarded on their website heavily influenced my decision and they pulled a cheap low life trick on us. I have owned over 10 UTV,s and no one ever done anything this lousy.
Even though I still love this machine I was basically lied to and that leaves a bad taste no matter how well this machine works out.
Shame on you Polaris leadership
I agree with you completely.
Have you ever heard of any company, cars. Trucks, motorcycles, Atv / Utv, changing the warranty mid year on any product. Let alone advertise a 3 year warranty for 2 months after it was nolonger effective. With just an ** to small print saying it had ended 2 month prior.
I would have never bought this new machine without the 3 year warranty.
Deception!

So I just talked to my dealer and asked to verify the Warranty. My purchase was June 6th and the paperwork shows 2 year bumper to bumper, no mileage cap and 3 year powertrain, no mileage cap. Part of my purchase decision was based on the warranty offer. So I guess I'm puzzled a bit here????? Call you dealers maybe?
Also they are offering a extended aftermarket of 54 months when the factory stuff is over for 1500......

Now, I am confused. I received paperwork from Polaris with my vin trying to sell me additional warranty (up to 4 years) and stated my current warranty would expire on my purchase date 2025.

Last edited:
I also contacted polaris support center, and this is what they told me about my 2024 1500 XD northstart..

Every RANGER XD 1500 is backed with a standard one-year factory warranty with 3-year total powertrain coverage on the new ProStar engine and STEELDRIVE transmission.

Looks like your machine also has a promotional 24 month extended warranty as well

Entire conversation.
I have a question on my Ranger Warranty can you help answer these questions?

What kind of questions do you have? If I am unable to answer I can advise on how to get into contact with the right party

I purchased a new 2024 1500 XD northstar in June of 2024. I was told that i have a 2 year bumper to bumper Warranty and a three power train Warranty, no mileage cap. I seem to be having conflicting info on this. can you clarify?

Can you please provide me with the vin number for the machine?

scott taggart 12:23 PM
3nsxal1rxxxxxxxxxxx

Every RANGER XD 1500 is backed with a standard one-year factory warranty with 3-year total powertrain coverage on the new ProStar engine and STEELDRIVE transmission.

Connor 12:26 PM
Looks like your machine also has a promotional 24 month extended warranty as well

ok I think that clears this up

Last edited:
I called my dealer and he is on the case but I like your approach better. He told their 2024 still has a tag on it boasting the 3 year powertrain warranty.???
But WHY in the heck did the Polaris website have the terrible asterisk beside it and then at the bottom of the page said the 3year warranty expired at the end of May. It is not like that now on their website, I can't find anything about the 2024 warranty on the site.

I just went to that same chat line and got a little different answer on my 1500 purchased in June.
1 year bumper to bumper and 24 month promotional warranty.

No mention of 2 year and 3 year drive train. But she said the 24 month did not exclude the drive train, but a $50 deductible on each occurrence.

Not sure what changed but my dealer tracked this down and told me there was confusion within Polaris. Wondering if they paid attention.
He just emailed me and in writing I have 12 months everything and 36 month powertrain which was exactly what I originally read.
I am sooo happy this is cleared up and feel much better about Polaris.

Back