• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

2024 Ranger Xd 1500 Northstar

Jason R. Westbroek

Jul 17, 2024
Hello everyone, I'm new here and was asked to tell you a little about myself. I'm 50 years old and I'm an avid outdoorsman, I love hunting, fishing, camping and off-roading. I have been an ASE Certified Automobile Technician for 35 years. I was a technician at Big O Tires in North Ogden for 34 years and about a year and a half ago I purchase the business (Big O Tires) from my brother.

I have owned several ATVs in the past and have wanted a UTV for awhile. I saw the new 1500 and fell in love, I purchased a Northstar in Pursuit Camo in April. Since I picked it up April 12th I have had nothing but problems with it and it has spent a month and a half in the service department for various problems. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these same problems.

1. Roof leaks above rear view mirror, above sun visor, above drivers front and rear door. The dealership replaced all of the seals including a new windshield and hinge seals. It still leaks in the same exact spots. Polaris told the dealership that we damaged the seals by pressure washing the UTV and that it says in the Owners Manual to not use a pressure washer. I checked the owners manual and it actually says do not use a pressure washer, who would ever think that you can't use a pressure washer to get mud off an off-road vehicle?! And how are you supposed to get mud off an off-road vehicle without a pressure washer? The first time the roof leaked on me was in a rain storm before I had ever washed it.

2. After sitting out in the sun one day (which a UTV should be able to do) I noticed that both drivers side doors had warped enough that you can put your hand between the door panel and the glass.

3. I've had problems with the ride command sending me emails telling me there is a problem and an error code but nothing was found at the dealer. The dealer replaced the ride command and so far that seems to be fixed.

4. After 470 miles I had a wrench pop up on my instrument cluster which in my business that means it needs service. The dealership told me since I was driving it on and off road that it was harder on the engine and that it needed an oil change. The UTV showed the oil life at 76% but I changed it anyway and reset the oil life but the wrench still shows up on the cluster. Reading through the owners manual it says the wrench flashes if you need service but it doesn't say anything about it saying on solid.

5. The rear utility light quit work because it had water in it, when they replaced the light it still didn't work. They found the water came in through the roof and blew the fuse that's in the roof that supplies power to the light.

6. The windshield washer leaks washer fluid when it hasn't even been used and stains the windshield. You scrub it and get it clean, don't drive it and then get in it the next morning to find another streak of washer fluid dried on the windshield in the drivers view. Polaris has no suggestion for this.

7. The cover to the door lock cylinder on the drivers rear door fell off. The dealership replaced that without a problem but now the key seems to stick a little going in and coming out.

8. The UTV has a light and dark mode in the ride command. With the headlight on you can switch it from light to dark mode or dark mode to light mode and it stay in that setting. If you don't have the headlights on you can not get to stay in light mode. During the day you need it in light mode to be able to see the info, MPH , Tach, etc... but the only way you can get it to stay in light mode during the day is to have your headlights on. I have a street legal kit on this which already has daytime running lights, I don't want to drive around all the time with my headlights on.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems or if anyone has any suggestion? Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post. I'm posting some of the pictures but it won't let me show all the pictures I have.

Attachments

• IMG_8215.jpg
    IMG_8215.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8216.jpg
    IMG_8216.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8217.jpg
    IMG_8217.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8218.jpg
    IMG_8218.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8219.jpg
    IMG_8219.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8680.jpg
    IMG_8680.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8679.jpg
    IMG_8679.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3245.jpg
    IMG_3245.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8109.PNG
    IMG_8109.PNG
    230.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8108.PNG
    IMG_8108.PNG
    240.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8106.PNG
    IMG_8106.PNG
    75.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8066.PNG
    IMG_8066.PNG
    75.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8065.PNG
    IMG_8065.PNG
    76.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8443.jpg
    IMG_8443.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8442.jpg
    IMG_8442.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 4
1. I have a leak too around the windshield wiper / roof when I power wash it, so I try not to blast it there. Very minimal so I don't worry about it.
2. No issues with my doors expanding but my bed does heave up about a 1/2" when it's hot...
3. I get some codes on my phone from time to time, never anything real I just clear them. My app also says I have 20 hours on the machine which is wrong. No way that I have found to reset it.
4. I always have the same wrench on my dash and can't get rid of it, so I ignore it.
5. No issues with rear light.
6. Yes, it leaks a little fluid on the windshield from time to time, my XP1000 did it too but it was on the hood.
7. No issues with door locks
8. Yes, the day night mode seems to jump around a lot. I just leave mine on the day mode and drive with my lights on all the time because it's the law in Iowa.

For sure there are some 1st year problems to work out, my stereo died a few weeks ago and it took a new Ride Command to fix it. The new Ride Command module seems to have the same bugs that my last one had so they still have some work to do.

Welcome to the group, glad to have you here.

To remove my wrench from the gauge cluster After starting the engine. once the wrench and hour glass stop flashing push the lower arrow button 7or8 times to cycle thru the settings back to where your setting is. the wrench will go out Mine will last couple days and it might come back on. Then I'll reset it again. If you guys want to try it.

To remove my wrench from the gauge cluster After starting the engine. once the wrench and hour glass stop flashing push the lower arrow button 7or8 times to cycle thru the settings back to where your setting is. the wrench will go out Mine will last couple days and it might come back on. Then I'll reset it again. If you guys want to try it.
Latest ecu update fixed the wrench thing.

I have been told, no personal knowledge that Ranch Armour roofs take care of roof leaks. Expensive but worth a look.

Thanks Jeff, my wrench is now gone. It will be interesting to see for how long.

Washed my 2024 XD 1500 ultimate today and fuel gauge in cluster not working but does in the ride command and Hi beam indicator does not light. Hoping it just got wet from washing. I have it drying with the bed up and hood off. Ha sanybody else have this problem?

I’ve washed and or rinsed mine several times and the only issue I’ve had twice (I think) was water had leaked in from the center of the windshield. Which I know there’s a thread on here with someone explaining what they did to fix it, just haven’t taken the time to look for it and solve the problem yet. Both times it wasn’t very much water.

Washed my 2024 XD 1500 ultimate today and fuel gauge in cluster not working but does in the ride command and Hi beam indicator does not light. Hoping it just got wet from washing. I have it drying with the bed up and hood off. Ha sanybody else have this problem?
No, I have not had this problem and I power wash my machine almost every week. This happened after you washed the outside of the machine or did you wash out the inside? Hand wash or power wash?

I did not wash the inside. Had all doors and windows closed. I did have a roof leak at one time. But I loosened the 4 bolts on top and put silicone under the washers and ran sealant around the front hinge area and stopped all leaks. I will check fuses today when going out to see if drying workrd.

Power washed mine, no visible leaks. A week ago was caught in the woods by a monsoon and all three of us got dribbled on. Every s x s I owned was never rain tight but I have higher expectations of one that costs 50K.
I have a roof rack coming which requires roof bolt removal, probably add neoprene washers and or silicone at the bolt penetrations.

Well cannot get the dash screen to work proper. Called Dealer and he said there are updates for Dash issues and you need a Polaris Dealer to do those software updates. So appointment is made will take it in to have it repaired or new dash replaced. Dealer said it will not hurt it to drive it as is.

Back