• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Vibrating Noise Over Bumps at Medium to Higher Speeds

boarderman23

Aug 2, 2024
Hello, does anyone else have a noise that sounds like metal vibrating on metal? Or metal clunking together when you go over a bump that jars the suspension (don't have to be anything too crazy)? I'd say you can hear it for a second after hitting the bump (not just an immediate single clunk and done). I don't hear anything when going over bumps slowly, but if I go over say a round rock that sticks up 6" with medium speed (nothing to crazy) that's when I can really hear it.

I'm just wondering if this is normal or something I should look into further. I have other machines and this is the first time I've hard anything like this. My closest comparison to this is my Defender Limited, which never gave the issue with stock suspension (I've since upgraded to Elka's though).

I should add that I just purchased this a few days ago and only have around 20 miles on it (3-seater 1500). Thanks!

Check where the dump cylinder mounts to the bed .There is play that it will slap side to side. I put two garden hose washers one on each side of the pin that goes through the mount to stop the noise that I was getting.

I had vibration that started all of sudden hmm i had put a chainsaw wrench in one of the front box pockets yup that was it

I don’t have a vibrating noise, but I do have a clunk when I’m going slow (in tow/haul or any other mode) and let off and on throttle. It’s just a single clunk noise. Not sure if anyone is getting that. I don’t remember always having that noise.

I don’t have a vibrating noise, but I do have a clunk when I’m going slow (in tow/haul or any other mode) and let off and on throttle. It’s just a single clunk noise. Not sure if anyone is getting that. I don’t remember always having that noise.
I have the same thing going on

Mine goes in to the dealer for updates and break in fluid changes at the end of the month. Might ask them about that and maybe even drive a new one to see if it does it.

Mine always seems to make a clunk or squeaking noise when I am going slow on uneven surfaces almost like the suspension is binding up a little bit, never notice it at speed though.

It’s not necessarily at speed. It’s if I slow down for say a pot hole or corner, then put my foot back on throttle. Or just let off the throttle and press it again. Just a single clunk each time.

It’s not necessarily at speed. It’s if I slow down for say a pot hole or corner, then put my foot back on throttle. Or just let off the throttle and press it again. Just a single clunk each time.
Mine does the exact same thing. I had it at my dealer and was told they contacted polaris and was told it was normal but offered to replace my rear differential but recommended I drive it and see if it gets worse. Seems to me that there is a bit of play in the rear differential. I think when mine goes in for the recent winch recall I will have them change differential. I was wondering how many others were experiencing this very issue

Back