• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Vehicle loss of electrical power.

pjm

Mar 28, 2024
Wondering if anyone was having any electrical problems. I been having problems wirh the Ranger losing all electrical power. The ladt time the vehicle was driven and shut off, I turned the key back on to close the windows and there was no electrical power. The key switch was left on an and after about 20 minutes the power came back. I checked on the VCM fuse and a few others they were all good. I contacted the dealer and he mention the VCM fuse this fuse controls current to the key switch. This happen once before and the power was back in just a couple of minutes.

I have been following 1500 issues pretty close and that is a new one for me.
Dumb question, did you check battery connections?

I have been following 1500 issues pretty close and that is a new one for me.
Dumb question, did you check battery connections?
Battery is fine. When the power came back. It started and everything was fine.

Same as oneal this is a new one for me. The XD key has one more key position than the XP Ranger, is it possible you just didn't have the key in the correct position?

Same as oneal this is a new one for me. The XD key has one more key position than the XP Ranger, is it possible you just didn't have the key in the correct position?
No, the key was left on the start position and eventually the power came back.

No, the key was left on the start position and eventually the power came back.
Like I said before that's a new one for me and I got nothing more to offer. Everything has so many electronics these days that seem to act up without reason. I have a 2024 Ram that did some weird shit Thursday, I pulled away from a Stop sign onto the highway and it would shift out of first gear. Had to pull over and shut off the truck.....once I did everything worked fine. Let's hope your issue was just a fluke too and doesn't turn into something else.

Reactions: JCX
I’ve got the same issue. Complete loss of power. Battery has 12.1V. Happened a couple of weeks ago and I’m just now working on it. 2 master fuses right off the battery are good. Letting it sit with the key on similar to original post to see if power pops on somehow. No gauges or anything.

Either VCM or wiring harness thats what mine was I just smacked the fuse box cover and the power came back on. Dealer replaced harness and VCM

Update, smacking it, messing with wires didn’t work. Finally disconnected the battery and reconnected aNd it came right on. Probably going to see if it happens again before I take it in. Thanks for help.

Back