• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Transmission feels like it’s slipping

jmarler80

Jul 28, 2024
So I just purchased my 1500 and when I give it the gas it feels like it slips the rpm’s go up for a couple seconds and then ranger starts to pick up speed . Has anyone one else had this problem?

For me it was just a learning curve to the go peddle. Seems as though there is hesitation in the transmission engagement compared to all my previous rubber belts (Honda Pioneer excluded). I try to feel & understand mine every time we charge up a hill which a couple of them having sharp turns at the base , almost starting from a standstill. I do not know nor claim this is exactly what is taking place but I give my pedal about 85% or so which gives a solid engagement feel to the wet clutches and send the elctronic/ hydraulic signal to set the sheave diameters for maximum power. I back off the pedal some and it charges up our hills much better than even our 1000 Pioneer will. It simply has great manners once you are accustomed to it.

I agree with Clubin and oneal. I never thought of it as a slipping issue......... more of a man it's nice it's not a jerky grabbing feel like the old CVT. From my experience it's not slipping, it's just smooth!

Well I took my new 1500 into the dealer and they reprogrammed the tranny. Still isn’t rite in my mind. Slow speed technical stuff isn’t an option just slips and says clutch over temp. Needs a low rang in my mind. Luv the machine hate the tranny

Well I took my new 1500 into the dealer and they reprogrammed the tranny. Still isn’t rite in my mind. Slow speed technical stuff isn’t an option just slips and says clutch over temp. Needs a low rang in my mind. Luv the machine hate the tranny
It kind of has a low range although I rarely ever use it. Have you tried it in Tow/Haul mode? I have never seen "clutch over temp" so maybe there is an issue with your tranny??

I think if it is very technical they are indeed short on umph. Thumper fab done a shoot out between 1500 and 1000 popo crew in very technical rock section and you could visibly view how much better the 1000 would step up on rocks due to the low range

So then the XD 1500 isn't the Work Monster there Claiming. I do alota Slow speed Mowing and Plowing on Hilly type terrain. I don't want to Have to Mash the Throttle first to have lower gearing. I drug this Huge Stump very easily while Barely touching my Throttle. IT was half the Size of the Ranger.

Attachments

• 20240721_130300.jpg
    20240721_130300.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Sounds like the Slow speed drive ability isn't Quite up to Par with this new Tranny. While I appreciate it's Refinements for Smoothness and Quietness. Give me this Machine with an Option of a Traditional CVT..!!

A low range or the belt setup in the pro r would have been awesome. Changing a belt or rebuilding clutch’s every 5000 miles wasn’t a big deal. If this tranny last the 3 years of warranty I will be very surprised.

Reactions: JCX
I wish I had my 21 Northstar back. The low range was way better for what I do. Spraying , slow technical climbs in pastures checking fences and cattle. I’d like to drive another one maybe mine just isn’t right. I can’t believe they would call it an extreme duty work rig , when you can’t drive it slow. I have serious buyers remorse.

Reactions: JCX
I wish I had my 21 Northstar back. The low range was way better for what I do. Spraying , slow technical climbs in pastures checking fences and cattle. I’d like to drive another one maybe mine just isn’t right. I can’t believe they would call it an extreme duty work rig , when you can’t drive it slow. I have serious buyers remorse.
That's sad to hear...I Love My 21NS. ULTIMATE for What I use For...but iam feeling I Woulda been Dissatisfied allso. Maybe they will Offer a Traditional Style Cvt in this New Chassis sometime.

A low range or the belt setup in the pro r would have been awesome. Changing a belt or rebuilding clutch’s every 5000 miles wasn’t a big deal. If this tranny last the 3 years of warranty I will be very surprised.
The Pro R is supposed to be getting a New Steel belt tranny allso...Around in Circles we Go..!

Back