• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Three driveline lubrication points every 500 miles???

jeffatboyles

Jun 11, 2024
The service manual requires each of the 3 drive shaft grease zerks get greased every 500 miles! This is ridiculous! I removed the necessary skid plate and the interior counsel for the 2 zerks on the front shaft and was able to reach the rear shaft zerk and shifter zerk via the driver's side rear tire opening. If Polaris thinks their owners are going to appreciate this exercise every month, they are out of touch with their customers who just shelled out big money for the "best of the best" UTV available. Are other owners happily doing this and finding pleasure with this recommendation? Or is this simply a way for the manufacturer to dodge potential warranty concerns down the road if owners neglect this maintenance?

This is a pain for me. Picked up my 3 seat Ultimate March 18, 2024 and have 2,750 miles today. I want to ride, not work. Just wondering how many perspective buyers were aware of this requirement prior to their purchase? Have a great day.

Mine will get it every time the motor oil and dif oils are changed. I don't recall reading that this was needed every 500 miles.

I wasn't aware of the 500 mile recommendation until I purchased the $115 service manual. My dealer confirmed the 500 mile recommendation with Polaris. If you own a full vehicle lift. It's probably a much easier job. Laying on my garage floor and lifting and aligning the 20 pound, or so, mid section of the skid plate was a 45 minute learning experience for me. (Old, fat guys like me should have wealthy wives to support their expensive habits!) Let me know how it goes for you. This seems like a lot of work that takes too much time. Best regards.

Reactions: JCX
I wasn't aware of the 500 mile recommendation until I purchased the $115 service manual. My dealer confirmed the 500 mile recommendation with Polaris. If you own a full vehicle lift. It's probably a much easier job. Laying on my garage floor and lifting and aligning the 20 pound, or so, mid section of the skid plate was a 45 minute learning experience for me. (Old, fat guys like me should have wealthy wives to support their expensive habits!) Let me know how it goes for you. This seems like a lot of work that takes too much time. Best regards.
I had my plastic skid off when it was brand new to run a antenna wire so my radio could pick up and two thoughts as I laid beneath it,
1- won't this be fun with 10 lbs of accumulated dirt on it
2- why would a claimed high end machine not have some automotive insulation under the body?
My wife would certainly allow me to spend on maintenance but it would take away from accessory funds and that ain't happening : - )

Back