• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

SPN517626 VCM Passenger seat thermistor input data erratic trouble code.

Freeflymatt

Aug 20, 2024
Hello, I am new to the forum. I have been lurking and reading since I bought my 2024 Ranger 1500. Its been a great machine so far. I just did the 20HR service with no issues. I pulled the seat out and used the Thermotec cool it insulation on the back wall and center driveshaft hump. When I put the seat back in and connected all of the plugs for the seat heaters it started throwing this trouble code. SA229, FMI2, SPN517626 VCM passenger seat thermistor input data is erratic. It says check electrical connections. If condition persists, contact your dealer for service. All of the connections appear to be good. I checked to see if I was getting power to the passenger side and was not getting any power to that side. I checked the driver side and am showing 12 volts going to the seat heater when turned on. I could not find any fuses blown or any relays associated with the seat heaters. For some reason I do not have power going the passenger side seat heater. The next step is to take it to the dealer. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Check pins inside of that passenger seat connector to make sure they are not bent or not making good contact

I tried that. I tested both side of the plug. I am not getting 12 volts to the seat heater when tired on.

I don’t see a fuse either. However pretty sure it’s controlled by the vcm wonder if wire got pulled out of connector on that side.

So it turns out I had a broken pin in one of the plugs going to the seat heater. I had to cut the plug with the broken pin and wire in a new water resistant plug. Once the new connection was made the trouble code cleared.

Back