• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Ranger person

KC RANGER XD 1500

Sep 12, 2024
My wife and I currently own 2021 Polaris Ranger NorthStar Ultimate 3 seater, We have 7500 miles and use it quite often. Been looking at the 24 XD 1500 and our friend purchased one. Several weeks ago we just got back from a three day ride. I was afraid to drive it because I knew what would happen. The other day we meet some other Ranger riders from a town south of here, and yes I drove our friends. Loved it went down to my dealer and ordered 2025 XD 1500 NorthStar Ultimate with 32" Rigid roof light , 10" Rigid spot light and several cube lights. Rear cargo box light , rear bumper, lower rock guards, updated 4200 JBL Trail pro, rear headache Rack, Cargo bed Mat, Front receiver tube and turn signal and horn kit. We are excited to get to drive this new money pit. Oder Titanium Metallic color should match our truck and trailer. They say we should have it in 30 days.
We like to fish, hunt, take drives in our SXS and our touring 1000 Polaris Two seater. We love getting wood and mushroom hunting. We used to like snowmobiling but that is a younger man sport. We still have them and leave them at our Shop/ cabin. That about it

Attachments

• 20240809_073611.jpg
    20240809_073611.jpg
    833.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240809_094430.jpg
    20240809_094430.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240809_121202.jpg
    20240809_121202.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240809_130144.jpg
    20240809_130144.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240810_091953.jpg
    20240810_091953.jpg
  • 20240518_171907.jpg
    20240518_171907.jpg
    862.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20240516_103400.jpg
    20240516_103400.jpg
  • 20240518_141730.jpg
    20240518_141730.jpg
    880.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Welcome to the group! Yes, if you didn't want to part with a bunch of money you should have never driven one, they sell themselves. Take it for what it's worth but I would offer a few suggestions for you to consider based on my experience and others here that have spoken about them.

1. I would make sure you understand what the Polaris rear bumper is. It's not really a bumper at all and makes the tailgate heavier. Once installed it will leave holes in your tail gate if you decide to remove it. Several here have opted for aftermarket bumpers that look and function better IMHO.

2. Make sure you really need all the cube lights you're adding. The new rear Cargo Light is REALLY bright and may be all you need to see behind you at night. It has 3 modes and can be turned on at any time from the cab.

3. The JBL 4200 upgrade has been on back order forever and those that have it have not been real impressed. I want one too, but I just won't part with that much coin till I hear one in person.

Please don't take any of my comments out of context, I'm not suggesting any of your decisions are wrong. I just wanted to share what others and I have learned / discussed over the last year. Hope you get your XD soon and love it as much as most of us do.

Welcome to the group! Yes, if you didn't want to part with a bunch of money you should have never driven one, they sell themselves. Take it for what it's worth but I would offer a few suggestions for you to consider based on my experience and others here that have spoken about them.

1. I would make sure you understand what the Polaris rear bumper is. It's not really a bumper at all and makes the tailgate heavier. Once installed it will leave holes in your tail gate if you decide to remove it. Several here have opted for aftermarket bumpers that look and function better IMHO.

2. Make sure you really need all the cube lights you're adding. The new rear Cargo Light is REALLY bright and may be all you need to see behind you at night. It has 3 modes and can be turned on at any time from the cab.

3. The JBL 4200 upgrade has been on back order forever and those that have it have not been real impressed. I want one too, but I just won't part with that much coin till I hear one in person.

Please don't take any of my comments out of context, I'm not suggesting any of your decisions are wrong. I just wanted to share what others and I have learned / discussed over the last year. Hope you get your XD soon and love it as much as most of us do.
Big Red:
Thank you on the bumper, I will optout on that one soon as I can. The stereo, if it is not in stock I will cancel it also. My 2021 Ultimate SXS has the upgraded stereo and for the money was not worth it.
Thanks for any comments that helped us allot. Someone out there told me the JBL was way better that what came with ours.
Thanks Kelly

I have nothing to add to Big Reds comments but will say I am sincerely jealous of your riding area, it is beautiful. We had some very similar looking terrain when we rode in San Juan mountains in Colorado and the Paiute in Utah. We long for that kind again

Big Red:
Thank you on the bumper, I will optout on that one soon as I can. The stereo, if it is not in stock I will cancel it also. My 2021 Ultimate SXS has the upgraded stereo and for the money was not worth it.
Thanks for any comments that helped us allot. Someone out there told me the JBL was way better that what came with ours.
Thanks Kelly
The JBL stereo that comes in the XD is good, 10 times better than the shit they put in the 2024 XP's and earlier. That said everything I've heard about the 4200 upgrade says it's disappointing and not worth it. Go to the Polaris website and read the reviews on it, one guy suggested the subs were so bad he could no longer turn it up past half way anymore. Someone here recently installed it (I think oneal) do a search and see what was said about it.

Back