• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Power window failure

Iaroadmaster

Mar 2, 2024
NorthStar Ultimate drivers side window closes slow and stops half way up, cannot fully close the window. Anyone experience this or have thoughts on a fix. Thanks

If you are mechanically inclined open it up and have a look. If you’re not take it to the dealer.

First one I’ve heard of.

Do a search, I believe there was another member that had a power window failure similar to yours.

If you are mechanically inclined open it up and have a look. If you’re not take it to the dealer.

First one I’ve heard of.
Thank you for the reply but not interested in getting into it, under warranty with 200mi.

This will seem silly and likely not the same but my drivers door window will not go all the way up unless the engine is running. Obviously that extra volt or two when the alternator is spinning makes just enough difference. I am sure I too have an underlying problem

This will seem silly and likely not the same but my drivers door window will not go all the way up unless the engine is running. Obviously that extra volt or two when the alternator is spinning makes just enough difference. I am sure I too have an underlying problem
Thanks for your reply oneal- I have tried with the engine running, and overnight charging of the battery with no fix.
I have searched for posts on this issue and can’t seem to find any one else with this window issue

Sounds like the cable that pushes the actual glass up is in a bind an sounds like it has been since day one. Going to have to take inner door panel out an check it. Or take it dealer

Mr.M thanks for your reply-that window has always seemed slow, your cable fix sounds like it’s the problem. I will update when I get it back from the dealer.

Back