• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Polaris brand OEM over passenger door grab handles don’t fit!

Susanna

Aug 3, 2024
Just FYI:
Got the Polaris OEM grab handle (part # 5465599-070) to use over the passenger door today. It did not come with bolts to attach the handle. Since the parts diagram shows no bolts for the part we assumed they came with the handle. We even spent some time searching videos online to see if our vehicle just happened to have the handle missing, especially since the holes are pre drilled. All videos showed the same lack of a grab handle.

Before sending an email to Polaris, we decided to assess the handle fitment. And now I see why no Northstars show a handle in that location. Even placed as close to the door frame as possible the bolt holes do not line up. There’s no way to bolt the handle there even though the parts diagram clearly shows one there.

So not only is it without bolts, the holes not matching up make the handle worthless.

Not initially including a well designed above the door grab handle for people who are too short to lean forward to access the front grab bar is just plain cheap on Polaris’ part. And showing a part as fitting when bolt holes don’t line up is simply sloppy design work. The passenger seat being non adjustable makes scooting forward impossible. And we think it is pretty poor customer care to nickel and dime owners after we just spent a ton of money on the Polaris 1500 XD Northstar Ultimate and accessories.

You should also know that the price of the handle grab bar is different on the parts website than the price when it is placed in the cart. Price on parts page is $29.99. Price in cart is $34.99.

We let Polaris know about all this in their online email option. We even attempted to upload several photos and screenshots to document our complaints; however, the photos of the misaligned bolt holes are not uploading but it took screenshots from their website. We even tried to simply take a screenshot of the missing photos and the site would not accept them either. Odd. Spending more time to simply document our complaints with photos is not helping us to feel more kindly toward Polaris.

Sheesh
IMG_4882.jpeg
IMG_4876.png

Well it's obvious your passionate about this grad handle that does not come standard on the XD 1500. Are you sure the diagram shown above is an XD and not an XP 1000? I say that because it appears to have tabs in the picture above, the XD does not have tabs only some holes in the channel. I never knew Polaris offered a grad handle for this even if it appears there are hole where one possibly be mounted.

Well it's obvious your passionate about this grad handle that does not come standard on the XD 1500. Are you sure the diagram shown above is an XD and not an XP 1000? I say that because it appears to have tabs in the picture above, the XD does not have tabs only some holes in the channel. I never knew Polaris offered a grad handle for this even if it appears there are hole where one possibly be mounted.
We were very sure to put the model and trim into their parts search filter. We are absolutely certain that the diagram with the grab handle shown came up for the 1500. We looked it up more than once. If its for the 1000 then Polaris needs to fix their filters.

I see what you are saying about tabs. But here’s screenshots of their site. Note the photo part on each that says the parts are for the 1500.
IMG_4889.png
IMG_4890.png

And I guess I am passionate about it. Trekking over boulders and such without a grab bar makes me a bit jittery.

And I guess I am passionate about it. Trekking over boulders and such without a grab bar makes me a bit jittery.
Hopefully someone at Polaris can help clear up what's wrong and get you the handle you need. If they can't I'm sure you could use a different handle by marking out the centers and installing Rivnuts to fasten it to. Either way I hope you can get the handle you want.

Hopefully someone at Polaris can help clear up what's wrong and get you the handle you need. If they can't I'm sure you could use a different handle by marking out the centers and installing Rivnuts to fasten it to. Either way I hope you can get the handle you want.
Thanks. Been looking at options. Appreciate the feedback!

After about a month of back and forth and a BBB complaint Polaris fully refunded us. Plus they are going to look at addressing the above the door passenger grab handle issue and the seat belts. So maybe there will be OEM fixes in the future. They also included a coupon for our troubles and restored our faith in Polaris. Customer service guy that we called was helpful, professional and apparently based in the US. Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

Back