• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Polaris 6K winch

oneal

Jun 17, 2024
Had the machine about a month , thought I better make sure the winch works. Glad I did as it doesn't.
Power at the solenoid and solenoid contacts are sending/reversing power as it should.
Dead motor I assume.
Any insights ?
Anyone else?

No issues with mine. I used it to plow snow and the 6000 lb. winch when compared to the 4500 lb. is a beast.

Did you check both the remote control and the dash switch? Is it possible one works, and the other one doesn't?

Did you check both the remote control and the dash switch? Is it possible one works, and the other one doesn't?

Yes,, it makes no difference which one is used. Both are activating the solenoid and the solenoid is sending power onto winch motor. Pretty sure motor is doa.
I agree 6000 is plenty powerful.
The term used in my industrial maintenance life was infant mortality , X number of units produced always have X number of early failures.
That's the piece of mind warrantys give us !

Mine was the same when I 1st bought it home. One of my technician's found a loose connector under the hood and re attached it.

While on this subject does the Ultimate Edition come with the remote or is it purchased separately?

Mine was the same when I 1st bought it home. One of my technician's found a loose connector under the hood and re attached it.
Wishing mine would have been that simple. Power to solenoid and solenoid working as should be

To be fair I now believe my special needs son took out my winch. I recently had to remove the bumper and winch, I then noticed the rope was actually wound backwards for a dozen revolutions. After speaking with a friend that owns a Polaris dealership he told me about a couple instances where folks would accidentally run their winches backwards and unspool enough rope to to let it tangle onto itself and then bind, reverse rotation also bypasses the magnetic stop switch.
JR would slip down in his seat when ridding between my wife and I which placed his knees right in the winch switch so I'm confident that's what happened.
I plan to see if I can purchase a motor from Polaris and if it is costly I will probably adapt a different brand winch

Had the machine about a month , thought I better make sure the winch works. Glad I did as it doesn't.
Power at the solenoid and solenoid contacts are sending/reversing power as it should.
Dead motor I assume.
Any insights ?
Anyone else?
Is yours one of the vehicles in the recall about poorly grounded winch?

Back