• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Places to ride

oneal

Jun 17, 2024
My wife, special needs son, Elie dog, and I are looking for meek places to ride our 1500. Years past we had many trips to Windrock , Ride Royal Blue, Hatfield and numerous others. We went west and rode a week in the San Juan mountains, Paiute, Little Sahara, Moab, and Silver Lake.
We had the fast machines and rode them accordingly, including upside down and on our sides a couple times.
We now have an XD limo and our taste is leisurely sightseeing at a moderate pace. Interested in fire roads type stuff.
We are not going to go anywhere helmets are required.

Hoping members here can share suggestions. We are in central Ohio and prefer close but can travel.

Thanks in advance

There are hundreds of miles of UTV / Snowmobile trails in northern Wisconsin that are well marked, wide and well groomed. Plenty of stops through small towns that have fuel, food, and booze. The locals support the sport and cater to the riders, but the local Po Po will stop and talk to you if you get on the wrong road. Us and another couple rented a house up there and road the trails for a week. Nice scenic rides through the country mostly timber with some lakes thrown in. Nothing challenging that was going to scare you or tear up your rig. Great time and met a lot of people on the trails who just pulled over for a snack and a drink.

Thanks Big Red, I appreciate you responding. That is exactly what we are hunting for. Do you remember what town you set out in ?

Michigan has 6000 miles of fire roads but I haven't found info that would direct us to scenic or have lodging along the way.

PA requires helmets (ar least according to their website)

The town is Hatfied Wisconsin and a lot of the trails are in Jackson county. You can Google it and find out more information. I saved the trail map and see if I can post it here.

Attachments

• ATV_Trails_Map_2024.pdf
    412.5 KB · Views: 8
Here is a better map that shows both Clark and Jackson counties combined.

Attachments

• clark-jackson-county-trails.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
My wife and I are also looking for interesting places to take our 1500 around Wichita Kansas. We prefer cabins rather than tents, and being by the water is a plus. Any suggestions?

Big Red, I looked the map over fairly close and also read some of the trail rules. With it being ten hours from us it is reasonable. This is a real possibility, thanks again for taking the time to share this.

My wife and I are also looking for interesting places to take our 1500 around Wichita Kansas. We prefer cabins rather than tents, and being by the water is a plus. Any suggestions?
I'm sorry you live in Kansas, that makes it harder to choose. Please don't be offended as I rode motorcycles for over 20 years and only Kansas and Nebraska were less interesting than Iowa where I live. Yes, we all have our unique charms but let's face it there are more scenic places in this country. Go to South Dakota they have very friendly UTV laws and now cater to that community. There is a small town southwest of Sturgis that really caters to the UTV community that I can't think of right now. SD has some beautiful country out by Rapid City and I have been there many times on bikes. Do a little research and I'm sure you'll find something things you might be interested in.

The small town I was thinking of was Nemo SD. Several UTV's running around with tons of cabins / houses to rent and plenty of places to camp. I tried to upload the trail map for the area but it was too large. Info is easy to find just google UTV South Dakota

1728939881108.png
Ha ha, I think you have a point. It gets old riding around the in the flat fields after a bit. Good news is we live in Las Vegas half the time and Kansas the other. Just need to get the 1500 to Vegas!

By the way, I always hesitated to load much in the bed. It looked so good, hated to scratch it up. Got the bed liner (item #2889106) from Polaris and love it.

Looks mighty familiar to me! It's harvest season and there are more tractors, combines, and semis on the road right now than cars. I live in a very small town with a very large grain elevator, and it's been nonstop for over a month. The good news is now that the corn is coming out, I can once again see for miles, when all the crops are fully grown many of the roads around here make you feel like you're driving through a tunnel. We do have some wooded areas too and some nice riding down by the many rivers in this area but at the end of the day it's Iowa and doesn't measure up (for scenic beauty) to most states in this country.

Can you ride you XD legally in Nevada? How about Utah? I spent a week in Utah on bikes doing Zion, Arches, North Rim and other places and loved it. Very scenic area and I would go back in a heartbeat!

Nevada has designated OHV trails and does not allow ATV/UTV on any streets, unless stated for OHV. You must purchase a Nevada OHV sticker. Utah also has designated OHV trails, with OHV sticker. Utah also allows you to use OHV on the roads with a license plate.

Back