• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

OIL THREAD! Let's hear it...........

Big Red

Sep 27, 2023
This forum is too damn quiet, working on 300 members and only 10 have much to say. Years ago, I was on a few motorcycle forums and if you wanted to have a lively discussion all you had to do was talk about oil. So, in an effort to create some buzz around here I'm going to bring it up. Here are the questions:

What oil do you run in your XD motor?
What oil do you run in your rear differential?
What oil do you run in your front differential?

For me it's easy as I had the dealer do the 1st service so it's whatever Polaris recommended. I will be doing the next service and might change based on what I learn from others here.

Dealer does all my maintenance. So whatever they recommend. Anything with a warranty, that’s where it goes.

Same here as Mr C , my Polaris dealer does all my service and use what they recommend. Marv

All polaris brand Dont want to give the dealer an excuse.
Exactly. I had an acquaintance that, was buying the materials to change his own oil and fuel filters in his diesel truck. Kept the receipts, wrote the mileage down, etc. came time for warranty for something (can’t remember, been 15 or so years), dealer/manufacturer said that doesn’t confirm he actually did the maintenance and denied warranty. So, now every new vehicle, goes to the dealer for any service work that I own.

Back