• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

noise level

I personally never rode in an Xpedition but watched an expedition review that complained about the noise. I have owned many and this is by far the quietest of all.

are the 1500 noisier than the xpedition?
Oh God no, the Expedition is much louder than a 1000 XP or Can Am Defender. The XD is probably half as loud as the Expedition and as far as I know it's the quietest SXS on the market today.

i had xp1000 northstar was very quiet expedition is very loud i am ready to trade
Since you know what the XP 1000 and Expedition sound like you owe it to yourself to take a ride in an XD. My preference is Comfort Mode which gives you plenty of power and drops the RPM's by 1000 when compared to Sport Mode. The steel drive tranny is super smooth and almost feels like an automatic when you mash the gas.

I had an Xpedition on order, and it was actually delivered to my dealer. After driving it around I knew I would never be able to tolerate the noise level. I drove one with the Gilomen quiet clutch kit and it was better, but still really loud. I went with the XD and I haven't regretted it since.

Back