• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

No Wifi?

mhhman

Jul 13, 2024
Monroe, UT
My 2020 Ranger NS had wifi connection. I can't find the wifi setup in the 1500XD. Anyone know if wifi is available?
The only thing I can find is bluetooth tether phone.
Manual states see pic.

Polaris 1500 manual for wifi.jpg

Can't believe a 50k UTV doesn't come standard with WIFI!!!!!

If my 2021 NorthStar Ultimate had Wi-Fi, I never knew it. Like Clubin said "what would you use it for?" To my knowledge the Ride Command couldn't do anything with it. Am I missing something??

If my 2021 NorthStar Ultimate had Wi-Fi, I never knew it. Like Clubin said "what would you use it for?" To my knowledge the Ride Command couldn't do anything with it. Am I missing something??
He must be thinking it is like a “hot spot”?I use my phone. The ranger communicates with satellites to locate itself.

Curious what you’d use it for?
I planned a trip on the ride command map site, which is very convenient because I have a hard time seeing the trials on the ride command screen.
Viewing past trips on a computer is so easier.
Checking for updated for maps and ride command updates.
I have limited cellular data/speeds in my area. I like to be able to connect wifi to my Starlink internet.
I don't like the idea having to have an app on my phone to connect to my Polaris account.
Just seems cheezie of Polaris to not put a $50 wifi chip in a 50k Ultimate XD machine.

Back