• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Newby question

G1eagle

Sep 1, 2024
So I’m new to Polaris and CVT transmissions. When accelerating I hear a noise that sounds like a turbo spooling up. Is that the transmission and a normal sound?

Also, anyone have an issue with the washer fluid not dispensing? I can hear the pump working but no fluid comes out. I confirmed there is fluid in the reservoir.

Thanks.

G1eagle - Without hearing your transmission I would say what your describing is normal. The XD has a Steeldrive transmission and not a normal rubber belt CVT. The engine and transmission can be controled individually so it can raise the rpm's without engaging the transmission at the same rate. Polaris has some good videos on YouTube that helps explain this.

Not sure what to tell you on the washer system, it's fairly simple with only a few things to look for. If you have fluid and the pump is working the line has to be blocked or unhooked. I would follow the line up to the wiper and make sure it wasn't pinched, or the nozzle wasn't blocked. If that fails let the dealer fix it under warranty.

Thanks Big Red. I’ll look at the washer fluid line. It has to go in for the recall on the winch ground. I’ll get them to take a look if I can’t figure it out.

I think it’s probably a normal sound I’m hearing. It’s sort of a diesel turbo whistle sound. I’ll ask the dealer about that also.

I found a video with the sound I’m hearing. You can hear it really well at about the 2:45 point in the video. Looks like it’s the normal sound.

Funny started to watch your vid I knew you where in sport mode by the sound. I love comfort mode

Funny started to watch your vid I knew you where in sport mode by the sound. I love comfort mode
Actually not my video. I just found one on YouTube with the sound I was hearing.
I think I’ll spend a lot of time in comfort mode as well.

Back