• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

New to the group

charlieB

Oct 9, 2024
I've purchased 7 or 8 rangers over the years for work and play. From the 500's to I think 800's, 900's
then the 1000 series..I'm about to purchase a 1500 XD non Northstar..I can't make myself pay for Ac and electric windows! I looked at 3 yesterday and the roof looks cheap with very loose carpet lining on all 3.. whats up with that? Do these roofs leak? I see a available metal roof out there for $1800..any input on that would be greatly appreciated!.. I do want metal half doors which you can find all over the place for the XP 1000. Is there a metal half door out there for the 1500?

Welcome, I have no issues with the roof leaking as of yet. Some have had the windshield leak around the windshield wiper, but my understanding is it’s an easy fix, just need to tighten something up. A search on that might help you out. I haven’t seen any metal half doors available. Companies like thumper fab, S3 power sports, razor back off-road and there’s another that I can’t think of right now, seem to have most available aftermarket parts. I haven’t heard of anyone on the forum that has the metal roof yet, so no idea on that.

Welcome aboard charlieB!
I have zero issues with the roof leaking, nor do I have any issues with the head liner, but I have an enclosed cab. Like Mr.C I have not seen a set of metal doors for the XD yet and they might be slow coming. Every XD I've have ever seen has been a NorthStar, so I don't know how popular the open cab models are around the country.

Hello Charlie,
Sounds like you are a seasoned veteran of Polaris , I am as well. I can't add anything more than MrC and Big Reds comments other commenting on the roof. I agree with you the roof should have been more rigid formed piece and for 6 seaters should be one piece. On a sprinkle we don't notice leaks but we got caught in a torrential downpour and all four of us got wet. I have not looked into addressing it yet.

Back