• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

New here

Dirt guy

Aug 11, 2024
Good day everyone, cars I’ve had 2005 ranger 500, 2009 can am defender long travel, 2013 ranger 900xp, 2017 cam an maverick x3, 2020 can am maverick RC on 35-12.50-15 lots of work done, new 2014 Polaris ranger 1500xd North Star or what ever.
The maintenance is the least of the problems,
I used to do professional rock crawling events around the US and Australia. I spot for Mad rock racing.
The transmission sucks B-lls in a slope going over rocks if you stop WTF!!!! 5000 plus RPM before it engages and it’s still crap!!! Has anyone heard of new programming? Can’t believe Polaris charges $63k for this thing??? It has to be in the programming, portal gear reduction won’t help.
Anyone else notice this.
I live in AZ, we have rocks.
Thanks,

Welcome, have heard some say Polaris has reprogrammed and made it better but have also heard numerous with the same issue as yours.
My guess if you are needing 5K to engage the tranny on a regular basis yours will the unit to test the durability of the wet plates. I am curious if you are using tow/haul mode , it helps mine but my rocks probably aren't as large and numerous.
If the popularity continues to grow on the 1500's maybe one of the after market companies will come out with a more user defined trans/engine controller but if the existing initial (starting out) gear ratio isn't low enough no reprogramming will help a d will require downstream gear reduction such as portals if the plan is to hop rocks.
Google the thumper Fab 1000 vs 1500 rock sectoon shootout.

Welcome to the group Dirt Guy. Like oneal said there are a few others here that have similar problems, I'm not one of them so I have nothing to offer. Hope you get it figured out.

Back