• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

How to Remove Rear Axles by Polaris

Big Red

Sep 27, 2023
I thought I would share this because so many people have been talking about rear axles and "clunking" in the rear end.

First, thanks Big Red for posting this, you seem to always find informative topics.
All the emphasis they placed on the removal of existing loctite and then the exact product numbers for reassembling makes me believe this is the dreaded clunk repair.
I will definitely be performing this little job soon.

Does anyone else find it skeptically coincidental Polaris is posting a "how to video " on a process that might also prevent a warranty claim. Otherwise, they would advise "This task should only be performed by an authorized dealer ".

My dealer just did this and I got my machine back this morning. The clunking came back in about 3 miles. He will be calling polaris Monday. I am not blaming my dealer a bit, the guy is bending over backwards to get this resolved. He thinks the next step is the rear dif.

Does anyone else find it skeptically coincidental Polaris is posting a "how to video " on a process that might also prevent a warranty claim. Otherwise, they would advise "This task should only be performed by an authorized dealer ".
I thought the same thing when I stumbled across this video, it seemed like a strange video to make since many people would take it to the dealer to do this and all the machines out there are still under warranty.

Back