• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Dust

This machine is much more dusty inside than my 2022 xp1000 ultimate comes thru doors around the seals and door handle

That’s odd. I have at least 50% or more, less dust than my 2020 XP 1000.

I think the fan needs to be running… without the recirculation mode on. Not sure what speed is best but the cab needs to be pressurized from the outside. I went through a lot of work to get my 2014 to keep the dust out. …Lots of “great-stuff” and finally a heater with a fan helped pressure the cab.(without the coolant circulating) That’s one of the main reasons I bought the 1500, is for the AC in hopes to prevent the dust.

This machine is much more dusty inside than my 2022 xp1000 ultimate comes thru doors around the seals and door handle
That’s odd. I have at least 50% or more, less dust than my 2020 XP 1000.
I think almost everyone would agree with Mr.C, I had a 2021 XP NS Ultimate before my XD and there is no comparison between the two. The XD is MUCH better sealed than the XP and I get very little dust in the cab. If you're getting more dust in an XD than an XP you might need a door/doors adjusted. I also agree with nh1500ownwer that the XD leaks air/dust around the door handle latches, several here have found ways to fill in behind the latches to make this better. No matter what machine you have here are suggestions for what I found helps to control the dust.
1. Don't drive with just your side windows open, it WILL suck dust. Open the front window to the first setting, this will make a BIG difference in both dust and heat in the cab.
2. Close it up and run the AC or Heat whichever is needed.
3. Take a paved road, it's legal here so if the cooler is full and I am not that's usually what I do. As the cooler empties and I fill up it becomes all gravel travel.;)

The 1500 is definitely the tightest cab on a sxs I have owned. I think my own personal downfall is because I paid as much as I did for several jeeps I expect the same quality . I either need to get past that or change machinery

Back