• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Den of Tools Video - The Bear is pissed off!

Big Red

Sep 27, 2023
So I'm a "tool nut" and have way more tools than I do talent. That said I'm a very good woodworker and an ok shade tree mechanic. Long story short I keep up on new tools and watch a lot of tool videos. I came across this video this morning and was totally surprised by the Bear, I've never seen him this passionate before. The video starts off normal but about the 10-minute mark he gets pissed at Snap-on and makes his feelings known. So, if you're a tool guy you will probably enjoy this video.

That dude is passionate. I consider myself above average mechanic, built drag race engines for bikes and much much more. With the exception of some of the retail store garbage I rarely recognize big differences in any of them.
Now that I am older I really appreciate large clear size markings.
In my early years I worked at a facility where the snap on truck visited and just as he mentions I recognized the scam of enticement with dazzle and of course they offered that financing that sucks so many in.
Would have liked to hear his views on Craftsman.

oneal - The Den of Tools has a video talking about Craftsman and their demise. He feels the rise of Habor Freight is directly related to the demise of Craftsman. Many consumers still want high quality tools that don't come with the tool truck price. That's why you see Harbor Freight losing some of their cheaper brands and focusing more on ICON, US General, Daytona, Fortress, Predator, and so on. I admit I'm a tool snob and buy mostly Milwaukee and Festool. That said I'm a Track Club Member and have been to Harbor Freight at least 10 times this year.

Figured he had a report on Craftsman. I always assumed the decline of Craftsman was mostly related to the demise of Sears. Before Sears drastically downsized they became harder to deal with on warranty and truthfully I felt their QC was off.
In my Area Lowes picked them up and they are in batter shape.
As for Harbor freight I agree, what was once a store full of chintzy junk now has some pretty descent stuff.
I own a Proto, an Icon, and a Waterloo master tool chest. The Proto feels just a little better quality but for the price point I would would definitely recommend the Icon

Back