• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Code 517826-9

2024 RANGER CREW XD 1500 NORTHSTAR
ULTIMATE-PPC has reported
DFC_ComTOUT_Trms TorqueNLimitRequest

I’ve had the same code. I started a thread. It’s a trans slip.
IMG_6293.jpeg

Yep. Same thing mine did. It’ll come back though. You need the ecu updated. There is a trans com Problem.

Hey out riding today and code: 517826-9 showed up with a check engine light. Everything seemed to act fine as far as power. Any insight would be awesome.
I had this code appear yesterday while on a ride in northern Wisconsin. Called my dealer and he had no information on it....wants me to bring it to the shop so he can look at the error code using his diagnostic system. One of the guys in my group just vented my gas cap (we had fueled up 50 miles earlier), and it might just be coincidence, but upon restart, the check engine symbol was gone and the diagnostic error code on ride command disappeared.. Didn't happen again yesterday,but we fueled up last night in Eagle River and will keep an eye on it today. Maybe venting the fuel tank was all it needed, but I don't understand why there are error codes without definition.

I had this code appear yesterday while on a ride in northern Wisconsin. Called my dealer and he had no information on it....wants me to bring it to the shop so he can look at the error code using his diagnostic system. One of the guys in my group just vented my gas cap (we had fueled up 50 miles earlier), and it might just be coincidence, but upon restart, the check engine symbol was gone and the diagnostic error code on ride command disappeared.. Didn't happen again yesterday,but we fueled up last night in Eagle River and will keep an eye on it today. Maybe venting the fuel tank was all it needed, but I don't understand why there are error codes without definition.
My dealer has been fighting this code for a long time now. No solution. Check out my thread.
But I’ve had bigger problems than this code though.

My dealer has been fighting this code for a long time now. No solution. Check out my thread.
But I’ve had bigger problems than this code though.
Just a follow-up... Made 125 miles today without having the code reappear. Machine ran fine. I have also dealt with several other issues, such as stopping momentarily on the ride and getting a BIG RED EMERGENCY SCREEN with the urgent message to immediately shift to park! Now I get to wonder what that's all about! These machines and Ride Command+ are both loaded with problems!

The big red emergency screen is mentioned in the owner's manual. Because the transmissions on these machines are designed to "creep" the fear is folks would forget they are in gear and run into or over something or somebody. It's just a safety prompt, not an issue.

The big red emergency screen is mentioned in the owner's manual. Because the transmissions on these machines are designed to "creep" the fear is folks would forget they are in gear and run into or over something or somebody. It's just a safety prompt, not an issue.
Agreed that red screen is normal.

Thanks for your update. Seems like a scary death threat type message, but I haven't committed to knowing the entire manual. Appreciate your help.

Back