• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Ambivalence

Sabaku

Mar 31, 2024
The website is making me introspective. I read so many posts about problems; clunks, axels wearing out, door locks not working, ride command having a mind of its own, windshields leaking, vehicle suddenly refusing to move, etc. I made this purchase with my eyes open understanding it was an "A" model. Currently have 350 miles on the vehicle and the only problem has been a crushed air conditioning condenser from the factory that Polaris replaced. I performed the winch short repair myself rather than dragging it 60 miles to the dealer. Yet when I turn on the key I wonder what is going to go clunk. So if you know anybody interested in a 1500XD with Polaris Rock Sliders, front camera, Polaris spare tire holder and tire, headache rack, roof rack, rear bumper not installed along with an 18 foot aluminum dual wheel trailer with brakes have them make me an offer I cannot refuse. Going to buy a helicopter and go back to flying.

Last edited:
Holy Shit Sabaku have you never been on an internet Forum before? Don't you know that most people don't jump on to these forums and type that "I rode my Ranger today and nothing happened." They tend to be a place where people with the same interest bitch, complain, brag and sometimes share useful information with others. It's true that most of us has some little problems like a leaky windshield and a winch ground recall, big deal it's a first model year and most of us knew that going in. Yes, it's also true that some people here have had more than their fair share of problems, big problems that really sour their experience. It's also true that several here have thousands of miles with no big issues. Go to almost any Harley Davidson, F150, Can Am, your name the passion internet forum and you will find people who have issues with their rides. That just the nature of these things. That said it sounds like you went "Balls Deep" into something that maybe you're not really into and are ready to tap out. That's fine if you lost faith in your Ranger because what others have said here you should sell it and move on. I would suggest if you do buy a helicopter that you stay off of the forums.........when those things fail they can fall out of the sky:oops:

Sorry to hear Sabaku and sorry I am one of the folks that has highlighted some of these issues that damaged your vision of the 1500.
In fairness you surely see that the issues brought forth here are presently a relatively low percentage of members.
Mine has the annoying clunk and water leak. The clunk is obnoxious but has not been proven to be a major mechanical issue as of yet.

This machine fits my family's life style so I am grateful to have a site like this to share issues and hopefully highlight them to manufacturer.

The website is making me introspective. I read so many posts about problems; clunks, axels wearing out, door locks not working, ride command having a mild of its own, windshields leaking, vehicle suddenly refusing to move, etc. I made this purchase with my eyes open understanding it was an "A" model. Currently have 350 miles on the vehicle and the only problem has been a crushed air conditioning condenser from the factory that Polaris replaced. I performed the winch short repair myself rather than dragging it 60 miles to the dealer. Yet when I turn on the key I wonder what is going to go clunk. So if you know anybody interested in a 1500XD with Polaris Rock Sliders, front camera, Polaris spare tire holder and tire, headache rack, roof rack, rear bumper not installed along with an 18 foot aluminum dual wheel trailer with brakes have them make me an offer I cannot refuse. Going to buy a helicopter and go back to flying.
Curious how old you are?

I second what big red says. Over the years being on forums for all different kinds of things. That’s what these forums are usually all about. Members expressing their issues. I feel part of that is to give insight and help to others that may not have experienced those problems yet, so they can remedy it before it starts. Also pictures being shared of adventures, add ons, etc. But there will always be problems, especially with off road machines.

Holy Shit Sabaku have you never been on an internet Forum before? Don't you know that most people don't jump on to these forums and type that "I rode my Ranger today and nothing happened." They tend to be a place where people with the same interest bitch, complain, brag and sometimes share useful information with others. It's true that most of us has some little problems like a leaky windshield and a winch ground recall, big deal it's a first model year and most of us knew that going in. Yes, it's also true that some people here have had more than their fair share of problems, big problems that really sour their experience. It's also true that several here have thousands of miles with no big issues. Go to almost any Harley Davidson, F150, Can Am, your name the passion internet forum and you will find people who have issues with their rides. That just the nature of these things. That said it sounds like you went "Balls Deep" into something that maybe you're not really into and are ready to tap out. That's fine if you lost faith in your Ranger because what others have said here you should sell it and move on. I would suggest if you do buy a helicopter that you stay off of the forums.........when those things fail they can fall out of the sky:oops:
Holy Shit Big Red I have been on many Internet forums thanks for asking. A lot of them have been aviation related where problems are discussed and solutions offered. Most of the aviation problems have a solution provided which as you indicate is necessary as ..."can fall out of the sky". You don't know aircraft?, their problems are exponentially more complex and I have been dealing with them for 55 years so I am use to maintaining my equipment. I do not always see solutions offered to the 1500XD problems. By the way helicopter auto-rotate so they do not fall out of the sky. Sorry my post added some spice to the forum and sorry if I elevated your blood pressure. Take a ride in your Polaris and chill. By the way Bid Red my Polaris is a red four door you might want to upgrade.
Clubin to answer your question I am 74. I recently exited aviation after 55 years because insurance companies are hesitant to insure old folks. I do appreciate the forum and the input from all. Thanks for the feedback from all.

Holy Shit Big Red I have been on many Internet forums thanks for asking. A lot of them have been aviation related where problems are discussed and solutions offered. Most of the aviation problems have a solution provided which as you indicate is necessary as ..."can fall out of the sky". You don't know aircraft?, their problems are exponentially more complex and I have been dealing with them for 55 years so I am use to maintaining my equipment. I do not always see solutions offered to the 1500XD problems. By the way helicopter auto-rotate so they do not fall out of the sky. Sorry my post added some spice to the forum and sorry if I elevated your blood pressure. Take a ride in your Polaris and chill. By the way Bid Red my Polaris is a red four door you might want to upgrade.
Clubin to answer your question I am 74. I recently exited aviation after 55 years because insurance companies are hesitant to insure old folks. I do appreciate the forum and the input from all. Thanks for the feedback from all.
No, I don't know aircraft, or many other machines for that matter. But in the end machines fail due to mechanical or electrical issues (yes, I know that's over simplified). I firmly believe if the engine quits running at 5000 feet gravity dictates it will fall from the sky even if it has auto-rotate. 😃 I like a little spice, and your post did not raise my blood pressure, hopefully mine didn't raise yours too much as that was not my intent. If I did, I sincerely apologize. I like your choice in color as everyone knows "Reds the fastest color" but I have no use for a 4-door. Good luck in what you decide to do.

Back