• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

90 Day Update

mchamlis

Jun 22, 2024
Morning All,
Just a quick update for our 2024 1500 HD Crew Cab Northstar
Purchased on June 7th.
Just hit 5380 miles. Most all of it is dirt roads as we cover about a 100 mile radius around our farm.
So far, no real complaints. We have some of the same issues like hot air intrusion, occasional clunk in rear end, etc.
Have not had any mechanical issues, leaking roof / doors or strange computer, dash / gauges issues.
Overall we are pleased. Hopefully saying that didn’t just jinx me.
On the down side I think that for the money Polaris could have included some simple things like…….
Side mirrors !!!!!
Turn signals
Intermittent wiper setting.
Better speaker set up
Better insulation on firewall and floor.
Just saying

I think we all feel like we are the test pilots of these machines and is comforting hearing from someone racking up the miles.

how about a remote or external dump box switch, I seem to find myself by the box when i want to dump and i need to enter the cab to dump???

Morning All,
Just a quick update for our 2024 1500 HD Crew Cab Northstar
Purchased on June 7th.
Just hit 5380 miles. Most all of it is dirt roads as we cover about a 100 mile radius around our farm.
So far, no real complaints. We have some of the same issues like hot air intrusion, occasional clunk in rear end, etc.
Have not had any mechanical issues, leaking roof / doors or strange computer, dash / gauges issues.
Overall we are pleased. Hopefully saying that didn’t just jinx me.
On the down side I think that for the money Polaris could have included some simple things like…….
Side mirrors !!!!!
Turn signals
Intermittent wiper setting.
Better speaker set up
Better insulation on firewall and floor.
Just saying
Good to hear from someone that has had a lot of trouble-free miles! We normally focus on those with issues and can forget about how many Rangers out there are just doing their thing without issue. I agree with you about the options that should be standard on their flagship rig. Really no side mirrors and only 2 speakers for an otherwise decent stereo. The cheaper Expedition got 4 speakers and a sub for less money!!

how about a remote or external dump box switch, I seem to find myself by the box when i want to dump and i need to enter the cab to dump???
I like this idea! I’m sure it can be done. Hardest part being running the wires neatly I would think. Could just piggy back of the dash switch.

Polaris said they put the dump switch where they did so you could dump it from the cab or standing outside the cab by just reaching through the open window. I like the idea of a remote but don't have an issue just reaching through the side window.

I also forgot to mention
Give us a dang dipstick to check the transmission fluid level !!!!!!!!

I also forgot to mention
Give us a dang dipstick to check the transmission fluid level !!!!!!!!
I second that with all vehicles!! I’ve had a few now that don’t have dip sticks! Its annoying. First vehicle we had, my wife told me about an intermittent issue with it not shifting. Pulled the car in the garage and looked like a fool for 20 minutes trying to find a dip stick. Pulled the manual and no mention of a dip stick. Had to use the googler to find out there isn’t one. DUMB!

Back