• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

2" Lift for the 1500 XD

Big Red

Sep 27, 2023
I'm not sure these will really do much for most of us since the XD will already handle 32's and 33's with the stock suspension. I know some are running 35's on the stock suspension maybe these are a good option for them for a little more clearance without spending big money on a long travel suspension.

All that does is increase the preload. Decrease the ride comfort not a true lift.

Link doesn’t form for us north of the border. I googled it.

All that does is increase the preload. Decrease the ride comfort not a true lift.

Agree, it didn't look like much more than an expensive spacer to me. Since Highlifter is a respectable company, I thought maybe there was more to it than I understood.

Agreed.
I know some are indeed getting away with 35's and no suspension change. I also know some tire makers 35's measure 34 or less.
My 35's were going to eat a hole in my inner fenders,,,,,,quickly.
I parked it until I installed the System 3 forward a-arms. They make a fine product.

So 33" are absolutely no problem with the stock suspension? or is it better to stick to the 32" ?
Thanks

So 33" are absolutely no problem with the stock suspension? or is it better to stick to the 32" ?
Thanks
Mark's post above was the first time I heard of any 32's rubbing, Polaris said 32's will work without any modifications and from what I've seen this has always been the case. Some people claim 35's work with no rub this I find hard to believe. There was a dealer that posted pictures of 35" BFG KM3's on a unit and claimed no rub. I know a guy with 35's on his unit and he said it doesn't rub. I think the general consensus is to stay away from 35's unless you're going to do suspension work. UTV tires are notorious for not actually being what they say they are, from what I've seen more run undersized as opposed to oversized. My 32" BFG KM3's measure 31.5" with 20 psi in them and they have plenty of clearance, If they were 33's they would fit no problem. The other variables at play here are the rims you mount them on, different offsets will place the tires in different locations. I would say if you were putting them on the stock rims you would be best to stay with 32's

I purchased my XD with upgraded 32" BFG KM3's. Great tires no rubbing. Wanted a more aggressive tread so went to the System 3's. Have considered remounting the BFG's but it's really not a significant issue.

Back