• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

1500 won’t move on an incline

I don't know about higher elevations because I'm a flatlander from Iowa. My experience plowing snow has been very positive and this bitch will push a huge pile of wet heavy snow no issue. As for mud I've never been door deep in the muck but have had no issues there either. I'm not sure what elevation has to do with the function of the transmission..........that just seems odd to me.

I don't know about higher elevations because I'm a flatlander from Iowa. My experience plowing snow has been very positive and this bitch will push a huge pile of wet heavy snow no issue. As for mud I've never been door deep in the muck but have had no issues there either. I'm not sure what elevation has to do with the function of the transmission..........that just seems odd to me.
I agree Red, elevation can effect engine power but no way would change the control of the trans. Polaris explanation smells like malarkey to me

Last edited:
Seems odd to me. I haven’t had to plow snow yet, but I’ve been in some decent mud and at 6500+ elevation in mud with no issues. I’d maybe speak with another dealer if possible. I wonder if there’s not like a TCU update that you might need, or there’s not a physical/mechanical issue at hand.

Back