• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

What's your favorite tool company poll

What's your favorite tool company?

• Milwaukee

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • DeWalt

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Makita

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Festool

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Big Red

Sep 27, 2023
Guys like tools and most of us are passionate about the brand we use so I thought I would do this just for fun.
My first time doing a poll, so I hope it works.

Easy one for me. Been in business for over 30 years. Started with corded tools in 94 Makita stuff sucked. Bought black and decker industrial which dealt later bought. Then in 2010 changed over to Makita and love the product. Job sites I’m on mostly Makita some Milwaukee. I have a few m12 specialty tools.

Easy, been using makita for 15 years. Never had any issues. Batteries last forever. And unlike clubin, there’s very few contractors using Makita around here. Most are using Milwaukee. So, I don’t need to worry about tools or chargers “walking” away.

I started off with a Makita 9.6V then upgraded to the 9.6V / 12V combo drill when it came out, one of the best on the market at that time. I then moved to Makita 18V drill, impact, radio, light, and maybe a few other tools. When it was time to upgrade, I heard the local Milwaukee dealer would give $100 credit for any drill/driver tool on trade, so I made the switch to red. By now I probably have a 100 Milwaukee tools everything for wood working, mechanic, outdoor power tools, radios, lights, heated gear, you name it. I just picked up a new chainsaw Tuesday and can't wait to try it out Saturday. I do have 5-6 DeWalt tools as I like their routers the best. I use Festool for all my dust extractors and finish sanders, and I have 1 lone Makita sliding miter box saw.

I'm all over the board on this..
Like Clubbin I was in the mud before battery tools so corded Milwaukee sawzall and right angle drill along with some commercial black and decker was about the only choice.
Early battery stuff was dewalt 18 volt, it replaced the above and was bullet proof. When dewalt upgraded to 20 volt we couldn't get a year out of them and threw out dozens. (Our guys are in muddy ditches a lot). Milwaukee M18 has become the go to for our guys and they by far have the largest selection.
Me personally, I have 20 year old Bosch 36 volt drill that is a two hander in tough stuff, Bosch and Milwaukee impacts, at least a dozen other Milwaukee gadgets. All work well.
Woodworking, Festool when I can afford it. They had a track saw first, it is awesome, I use/loan it out regularly. Same with their sliding compound miter saw.

Really............62 views and only 4 people could hit the vote button? I thought there would be more "Tool Guys" among us.

We have all Milwaukee Fuel stuff on our farm. Our 3/4 inch impact will perform about as well as our air impact. Big Red mentioned the chain saw. You aren't going to cut firewood all day with it (unless you have a big pile of batteries) but for general use it's great. I just ran around with it the other day trimming things up around some of my property. So nice not having to start it, just pull the trigger and cut. You'll love it. That said, I have a few Dewalt tools at my house. Not as powerful as the Milwaukee Fuel stuff but just fine for home use.

We have all Milwaukee Fuel stuff on our farm. Our 3/4 inch impact will perform about as well as our air impact. Big Red mentioned the chain saw. You aren't going to cut firewood all day with it (unless you have a big pile of batteries) but for general use it's great. I just ran around with it the other day trimming things up around some of my property. So nice not having to start it, just pull the trigger and cut. You'll love it. That said, I have a few Dewalt tools at my house. Not as powerful as the Milwaukee Fuel stuff but just fine for home use.
I already had the 16" chainsaw and the M12 Hatchet and love them both. The new Top Handle 14" saw was just a guilty pleasure because I'm a tool guy and just had to have it. As far as batteries go I have enough to cut more than I would ever want to. I have 3 - 12 amp hour, and 10 - 8 amp hour batteries, plus some 6's, 5's, 3's and a few really old 1.5 CP's

Back