• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Polaris explains how to use you drive modes

Great info. Lots of our complaints aren’t problems or issues they are a design of the machine.

Hey Big Red, thanks for posting this as I think this video will help numerous folks understand the mannerisms of the 1500. The rock technical section is similar to several places on my land so I have everything mentioned already figured but I would have liked to viewed this video a few months back

Great info. Lots of our complaints aren’t problems or issues they are a design of the machine.
I agree, in fact I'm sure that's why Polaris made this video. I think several people have complained to their dealer that the 1500 wasn't working properly when in fact it was.

When the XD 1500 was first being introduced...I distinctly remember one tester saying...He was told by Polaris engineers that the Towhaul mode Matched the XP 1000s low range ratio. This thing touted as Extreme Duty is guite the Over statement. Along with Numerous other Issues...iam so glad I didn't Jump on One.

When the XD 1500 was first being introduced...I distinctly remember one tester saying...He was told by Polaris engineers that the Towhaul mode Matched the XP 1000s low range ratio. This thing touted as Extreme Duty is guite the Over statement. Along with Numerous other Issues...iam so glad I didn't Jump on One.
I don't understand why you think the XD having the same low range gear ratio as an XP prevents it from being Extreme Duty. The engine has way more horsepower and torque, the Steel Drive transmission is more robust than a CVT clutch and belt. I for one did "Jump on One" and I wouldn't want the low range to be any lower than it is. What gear ratio do you think it should have been to make it Extreme Duty?

I don't understand why you think the XD having the same low range gear ratio as an XP prevents it from being Extreme Duty. The engine has way more horsepower and torque, the Steel Drive transmission is more robust than a CVT clutch and belt. I for one did "Jump on One" and I wouldn't want the low range to be any lower than it is. What gear ratio do you think it should have been to make it Extreme Duty?
My point was..if it truly had the same ratio of the Xp..it might do better at crawling over Obstacles in a controlled manner.

Big Red...iam not trying to Knock the Xd down in any Way. And it's Still a Big step above anything else out there. And I'd love to Own one..but Extreme Duty to me Means it Should do everything well.

Big Red...iam not trying to Knock the Xd down in any Way. And it's Still a Big step above anything else out there. And I'd love to Own one..but Extreme Duty to me Means it Should do everything well.
JCX - I agree for being Extreme Duty not to mention stupid expensive it should do everything well. There are no rock climbs at 8000 ft in Iowa so I can't speak to anyone's experience with the XD except my own. I have gone up some steep, rutted, rocky, and rough trails and can say I was never disappointed and wished I had my XP back. That said I always interpreted "Tow/Haul" to be Low Range and used it for that type of driving, I'm not sure all owners made that connection. I think Polaris actually confused people by calling it Tow/Haul rather than just calling it Low Range which most people already understood how and when to use.

Reactions: JCX
Back