• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Oil change question

Wavewackers

Jun 6, 2024
Changing oil for the first time and there is no brass/copper washer on oil plug but, the Polaris oil change kit i purchased has one in it.
so should there be one or not?

Yea it should have a copper washer on it otherwise it’ll never seal.
I agree Clubin, but i drained the used oil in a sock and there is no copper washer. I then call my dealer and they no longer show a cooper washer on the the drain plug, which is now a 17mm bolt and not a hex plug. The bolt does have a rubber/nylon insert in the head of the oil plug, its weird i know. My dealer is researching the issue and will get back to me.

FYI: I did fill it with oil without the copper washer and no leaks after test drive yet???????

I agree Clubin, but i drained the used oil in a sock and there is no copper washer. I then call my dealer and they no longer show a cooper washer on the the drain plug, which is now a 17mm bolt and not a hex plug. The bolt does have a rubber/nylon insert in the head of the oil plug, its weird i know. My dealer is researching the issue and will get back to me.

FYI: I did fill it with oil without the copper washer and no leaks after test drive yet???????
Must be a running change. Weard. Mine has a hex on it.

manual info?
  1. Reinstall the engine crankcase drain plug. Torque drain plug to specification.
    TORQUE
    Crankcase Drain Plug
    16 ft-lbs (22 N⋅m)
    NOTICE

The sealing surface on the drain plug should be clean and free of burrs, nicks or scratches.

Oil plug no longer has cooper washer, the plug which is a 17mm bolt has a nylon washer that inserts in the oil pan side of the plug and its almost hard to tell if its there or not, picture below.
oil bolt.jpeg

Back