• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Mr.J

Aug 28, 2024
Bought my 1500 XD Crew Ultimate last June, made it street legal and have been looking to equip it with the essentials that I’ve had on my previous SxS’. This is my third Ranger and I’ve been impressed with this machine in so many ways. It’s also the most expensive. That said, it seems like everything I’ve needed or wanted to purchase from Polaris in the form of accessories has been on backorder/discontinued and I’ve found very little to actually view in dealerships. Everything has been on line. Stumbling onto the forum yesterday, I found first-hand information and a few new options to look in other directions than Polaris. Also, I found lot of like-minded “old guys” that have compiled more info on this unit than most dealers I’ve spoken to. I live in Wyoming and the majority of my riding will be on back country roads with my spouse and grandchildren. Mainly fishing and hunting.

Welcome aboard Mr.J!! You can find a lot of aftermarket parts from Razorback Offroad, Thumper Fab, Ranch Armor, and Amazon believe it or not. There are a lot of people here that have modified their Rangers with parts from these companies and others. Feel free to reach out to the group if you have questions.

Welcome Mr.J . Dido on BigRed`s words. Sure wish we could legally ride on the roads here

Welcome Mr.J . Dido on BigRed`s words. Sure wish we could legally ride on the roads here
Oneal, could you petition your local representative for changing the rules, here in Minnesota we can ride on county and township roads, with some access to state HWY's (not legal on state) but being from the birth place of Polaris we ride them uptown and everywhere the police don't seems to care. Now on the other hand the state HWY patrol gets a bit nasty with us?????/ good luck!

We live in a small rural community in Ohio and our actual land and house are in the country .
Twenty years ago when we started riding SXS's it was clear, they are not legal and if you were caught on the road you were ticketed .

Fast forward to 10-15 years ago 50% of households owned a SxS and many used them for fun road riding. They still weren't legal but local Sherriff's had plenty on their platters and looked the other way at this harmless fun.

Somewhere after that is when they became much much more powerful and along came Mavericks and RZR's. There were also were many of what I refer to as BIS's (bars in the sticks) popping up where folks gather for food and spirits in very remote areas and have better odds of avoiding law enforcement after consuming adult beverages. Add that in with a high horsepower RZR and the results were as expected. Law enforcement cracked down because they had to. The road I live on is curvy, hilly, and full of deer, it became the norm to hear 30-50 machines pass by on weekend nights at 60+mph. Turbo machines have a distinct throaty sound that I personally enjoy but at 3AM not everyone feels the same.
They cracked down hard and you saw none on the road.

That was a few years back and I seem to notice an uptick of them on the road again but seem to be traveling more responsibly so the cycle starts again.

Thanks Guys, I actually made some purchases to take advantage of the Labor day sale. Have a good/safe extended weekend!

Back