• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

New Member Matt

Matt80

Aug 3, 2024
Hi, I am new to this forum and recently purchased a Ranger 1500. This is my first side by side but already have 2 Sportsman 500s (2011 and 2012). I’m excited to have found this forum since there is limited information out there around these 1500s.

Welcome, there has been a lot of info shared in here with all the owners. You didn’t take baby steps into the SxS world. lol. I came from a XP1000 ranger and this is a whole different machine. Way more enjoyable to be in and use. I also had 2 different Sportsman’s. 2009 850 and 2019 1000. Kind of miss the 1000 at times. One hell of a quad.

I’ve been really happy with my 500s. Most of my riding with those is off road and occasionally gravel so the 500 was enough power since I didn’t need speed.

Now I moved onto some property and in an area where UTVs are all over on all roads. I initially went looking at a Ranger 1000 but felt I’d always be thinking about how much nicer the 1500 was and I’d regret my 1000 purchase, so I just bit the bullet and shelled out the money for the 1500. I figured buy once cry once lol.
I do have to have some work done because there is plastic on the dash on each side is not aligned.

My steering wheel was at the 11:00 position. They supposedly fixed everything but when I got it back it wasn’t fixed and seriously pulls right especially when going slow. They even did an alignment. It didn’t do that before so I think they may be replacing some whole unit in the steering. They are contacting Polaris Tuesday. I’m getting everything straightened out immediately since I just bought it.

That’s most of my riding is gravel and dirt roads. Some rocky terrain roads. Along with property maintenance. A lot of use for hunting purposes. Tired of driving my truck down some of the roads and getting into tight places.

Ya good idea. Mine is going towards the end of the month for some software updates, and some minor repairs/issues. I have a list going. Steering wheel is one of them. Center dash area where the hvac controls are is crooked. Front and rear diffs, and oil changes for break in.

Welcome to the group Matt80! Glad to have you on board and look forward to getting and sharing info on the 1500.

Back