• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Hello from Central Alabama

G1eagle

Sep 1, 2024
Bought a used 2024 Polaris 1500 XD Northstar Premium yesterday. Has about 1000 miles on it. A farmer bought two in March and traded them in on Ultimates because he wanted a radio and the dealer couldn’t get the radios he wanted. Worked out well for me. Still has bumper to bumper warranty left until next March and if I understand correctly there’s some power train warranty beyond that.

He had the windshield converted to flip out like the Ultimate, he added side mirrors and he had the lights added in the front bumper that come with the Ultimate.

I’ve found two issues thus far. The wrench light is on even though dealers says it was recently serviced. If I understand correctly that’s a known issue. Also, no washer fluid comes out to clean windshield. I checked the reservoir and there is some in, but not a lot. I’ll add some to see if it’s just below the pickup. I can hear the pump running so hopefully something simple.

I have a few questions about how to know if all the flash updates have been done (transmission, etc.) but I’ll ask those elsewhere.

I’m coming from a Honda Pioneer 1000-5. It’s been incredibly capable and reliable. I decided the HVAC and cabin comfort was just too appealing. I’m old and have decided I’ve had enough of the open air experience of an Alabama summer.

Happy to be here to learn about our rides and share what I learn.

IMG_6987.jpeg

Glad to have you with us. The wrench is a common problem, just keep hitting the mode button on the bottom right side of your instrument cluster till it goes away. I did this 3 different times and so far it's stayed off.

Back