• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Brake Lamp Open Circuit Diagnostic Code Issue

John MacPherson

May 18, 2024
Weston, WI
Twice now, I have had this message come up on my Ranger XD 1500.
Dealer told me to just ignore this. I have less than 200 miles on my machine.
Has anyone else had this message come up?

Was the message on your Ride Command or on the App? I think that's the error message I had on my app when I installed the trailer wiring harness. I cleared it and it never came back.

On the App.
Then I wouldn't be too concerned about it. So far, I'm not a fan of the app, I don't think it's ready for "prime time" and has a lot of issues. I've probably had at least 10 error messages several saying my battery is low and needs charged. Had the battery tested and it's fine. I've had the open circuit a couple of times, can't remember the others. My app also says my ride has 20 hrs. on it, no way to reset it or change it. It won't let me select the correct oil change frequency, I select 2000 miles and it bumps it to 10,000 miles. I'm thinking of deleting the app and re-downloading it to see it fixes the issues.

Are you Guys taking about The Ride Command + available feature..?
I am. I think it's free for 2-3 years with the Ultimate package. I'm not sure I would pay for it as I find it far from impressive.

Reactions: JCX
I am. I think it's free for 2-3 years with the Ultimate package. I'm not sure I would pay for it as I find it far from impressive.
I like the Ride Command in my 21 ultimate for all the Info it gives....but I might just Go with A XD premium NS this time around. I've only had 1problem with my ride command...it wouldn't keep the right time while set on the 12hr.format....just 2Days ago I found out it will Keep the Correct time when on the 24hr format...better late than never..!

I have no real issues with the Ride Command, I'm talking about the Ride Command Plus add on that gives you additional features. After the free 2-3 year service it's something you will have to pay for to keep using.

Reactions: JCX
Back