• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Axle Nut Torque

As of yesterday I now know the clunk sound . 89 ft lbs on the rear and twice that on the front.
Not questioning the specs but kinda makes sense why we are only hearing of them loostening on the rear.

Ya, mine were loose. Supposedly tightened, but I still have the clunk. But it’s going back in sometime mid October, so I’ll have them address it again. To busy with work and chasing elk on the weekends to not have my ranger.

Ya, mine were loose. Supposedly tightened, but I still have the clunk. But it’s going back in sometime mid October, so I’ll have them address it again. To busy with work and chasing elk on the weekends to not have my ranger.
Mr C
I set mine at the specified 89 ft lbs and it stopped for a couple days. Came back louder so took them to 120 ft lbs and now louder and more frequent. I am still confused why the front specs are 180 ft lbs but there may be a reason. If you don't mind could you ask your dealer what torque spec they are using. I won't be shocked if the spec is tighten the beejeesis out of them. I can liive with the suspension flex doink but this clunk is super annoying.

I looked on my paper work, and it said tightened to factory spec. But doesn't have a value as well. I agree and think it’s weird that the fronts are way high, and the rears are lower. If I have time this weekend, I was gonna see if I pull the rear tires and see if they’re actually at 89 ft lbs.

Thank you for checking. If you think of it when you take yours back if you could ask.
For me to take mine to dealer is a half day and they will not schedule appointments with the thought of fixing anything while you are there so each issue is a half day x 2.

Back