• đź”– It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Availability of 15 x 10" wheels for XD 1500

Mark

Jul 8, 2024
Greenbrier Ar
First post here and there seems to be a lot of knowledgeable members.
I upgraded to 32 x 10" BFG's when I purchased my Ranger but I want to run a 15 x 10 rim to get more footprint on the ground. I'm having a heck of a time finding those rims and the few I have I'm not sure if the offset will negatively effect the machine. The only wheel I've found is a Valor with a 4+6 offset.
I appreciate any feedback or suggestions on availability.

A 10" wide rim for a 10" wide tire is a very bad idea. A 10" wide tire should be mounted on a 7" wide rim, 8" would be the max. I never heard of anyone doing that nor do I think the bead will seal correctly. That said a 4/6 offset will move the inside of the rim out 2 inches from stock and the outside out 5" from stock! I really don't think you want to do that. If you want to run a rim that wide you really need much wider tires and I'm not sure that would be a great idea either. Just my advice others may have a different opinion.

I’m running the valor wheel and tire set up and I wouldn’t want to go with a 10” wide rim. The tires are nice and flush with the wheels. And wheels measure 15x7. Not sure if these pics will help with giving you a visual. But it’s all I have at the moment.

Attachments

• 20240407_083955.jpeg
    20240407_083955.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1731.jpeg
    IMG_1731.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240407_083915.jpeg
    20240407_083915.jpeg
    1,010.4 KB · Views: 9
I’m running the valor wheel and tire set up and I wouldn’t want to go with a 10” wide rim. The tires are nice and flush with the wheels. And wheels measure 15x7. Not sure if these pics will help with giving you a visual. But it’s all I have at the moment.
I’m running the same and agree. 32” valor alpha on 15x7 valor v09 beadlock
IMG_4793.jpeg

Appreciate your response. Sounds like even if the tire sealed the offset would be too drastic.
Yes, I feel the offset would be too drastic and really push your tire out further from the machine than you would like. The stock offset is a 6/1 which means 6" are on the inside of the hub and 1" is on the outside of your hub. I'm running 15 X 7" MSA Thunderlips that are very close to a 4/3 offset (actually a metric measurement) which pushed my tires out 2.22" on each corner making my Ranger almost 4 1/2" wider than stock. It gives the wheel a deeper dish look but does throw mud up the side of my machine. I hope this helps and you find the rim that works best for you.

Back