• 🔖 It looks like you are browsing the site as a guest. By registering on the site you can participate on the Internet's largest Polaris Ranger XD 1500 forum. To register, simply Click Here!

Anyone having problem with there 1500 doors locking by themselves? My friend has had it happen several times, I know it sounds crazy.

KC RANGER XD 1500

Sep 12, 2024
Anyone every heard of the xd 1500 doors locking after shutting the doors. I know it sounds crazy but my friend said it has happen several times n them?????

I follow this forum fairly close, this is the first I have heard of it. Some of us are a little annoyed with the effort required to lock them because you have to use the key.

Last edited:
Like oneal I have never heard of a door locking itself. There is a considerable amount of force required with a key to lock or unlock them, so I just don't see it happening unless his lock is somehow broke inside. Could it just be that he locked both doors someplace and didn't unlock the passenger side when he opened it up? A few days later tried to get into the passenger side and found it locked???

I’ve had it happen many times. They replaced the locks on my machine. I noticed the new locks were more positive (like feeling a definite click) when turning the key to lock and unlock.

Before they replaced the locks I’d open and close each door several times to make sure the lock stayed unlocked.

I’ve had it happen many times. They replaced the locks on my machine. I noticed the new locks were more positive (like feeling a definite click) when turning the key to lock and unlock.

Before they replaced the locks I’d open and close each door several times to make sure the lock stayed unlocked.
I guess it is a new thing, suppliers must be having consistency issues.

Picked mine up January 6th and the locks are almost hard to lock and hard to unlock. Maybe they were trying to improve on this and took it too far??

My back doors will lock themselves on a ride. I imagine the fronts lock also, but getting out unlocks them. I have to reach from the front and pull the rear handle to unlock...

Back